Unlimited access >

.65 Meter Jumpers at WEC

Is this class appropriate for an older re-rider with a solid, green horse to jump around and have a fun experience for our first outing together at large venue? or is this for ponies?

Absolutely appropriate. Have fun!

The class is completely appropriate, definitely not just for ponies. However, you say your horse is green and it will be your first outing together, so you might consider whether that venue is really a good place for a first outing. There will be a LOT for your horse to take in, and a lot of activity/stimulation. So, if you haven’t taken him anywhere, you might want to test-drive a smaller venue and see how he handles it before throwing him in the deep end at the very busy, very large venue!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! We’ve been many places and will be there for a few weeks. Just entering the final week.

1 Like

@Welshterrier I don’t know how to quote to reply anymore lol! Sounds perfect, getting to hang out a few weeks will be nice! It can be surprising sometimes how they respond to those busy venues - my big brave eventer turned hunter’s eyes nearly popped out of her head the first time we took her to Tryon, it was an interesting first week of what we took to calling “hunter speed rounds” :rofl:

I sent my baby jumper who will be 4 in May and he loves it. He did a few .65s with a pro week one, last week a junior did him in the .65 and I flew down and did the novice (.95). You’ll find all sorts in the .65. IMO it’s a perfect first outing because there are tons of walking paths and safe inside paths. The barns are very quiet and there are so many rings that the warm up rings aren’t crowded. My baby is thoroughly enjoying it!

This new format confuses me on COTH. It shows me as a newbie member and I’m not. Sigh.

I did the 0.65s Week 1, then moved up. My horse is a young jumper who is new-to-me and used to pro rides so it was perfect for me to “wet my feet” (oh and I’m a hunter rider for my whole life so I started tiny).

I then had some confidence to move to the .70 inside, then the .80 and wrapped up Week 2 doing the .95 inside (I havent don’t that in 25 years!).

The only problem a lot had on Week 1 in Indoor 3 was, unlike WED Ohio, the timer and judges box is right at eye level for the horses along the outside line (not up higher). And there are 2 jumbotrons in the show ring. :slight_smile: Week 1 a lot of horses were like “ummmmm WTH”. Even my steady Eddie . When the first line was right along the side with the timer and judge’s box, and the started beam was against the bright white “fence” a lot of horses were looky looky- even some been-there-done-that.

Not only did everyone seem to get used to it, but as the week went on that line was a little more inviting. Week one it was a 5 to a 1 with the “in” being right next to the big timer and judges box.

It’s all “part of the game” but apparently quite a few horses took offense to the set up Week 1, lol.

I’m going back down in a week so definitely have fun. It as a blast.

1 Like

Did you have the 1 at the end of your screen name before?

I am guessing you did not and whatever glitch is talked about in this thread has happened to your user name and that is why you are considered a newbie.

If the problem is the 1 at the end of your user name, just go post in that thread so mod1 can get it all fixed for you.

1 Like