Unlimited access >

A New Wave of KeyBoard Warriors?

So many people are causing their horses physical issues from bad training practices both in dressage and H/j. And bad shoeing. And feed. Not getting all the nutrients in, etc. I see it all around me in various ways. But you countermand their trainer or coach at your peril. I mean people even get offended when the vet tells them their horse is obese and risking founder.

2 Likes

You have hit the nail on the head! It is so hard because I truly want to help, but you can’t say anything. Also most people really want to do well, they just don’t know and are listening to their “experts”. If you are the outlier saying something different, then it is only human nature to ignore or dismiss.

1 Like

Yes. However there’s the opposite effect too where people dismiss your good solid research based advice and go chasing woo, or untrained trimmers etc

1 Like

Fat ponies win in the U.S. as well as in the U.K.

https://www.chronofhorse.com/article/the-study-shows-fat-ponies-may-win-in-the-show-ring-but-at-what-cost/

2 Likes

"

I just want to say… thank you for this explanation on chronic pain, it may have helped pinpoint some things on my own horse.

1 Like

Thank you for this, beowulf. I agree.
And thank you for your detailed post.

3 Likes

The warriors are coming out strong on Instagram again on the Maryland 5stars account.

2 Likes

Saw that. :roll_eyes: Ironically, that horse just had a lovely dressage test. Too bad about the break in the walk.

yes because fresh 5* horses on the jog are in so much pain.

3 Likes

I had a Malibu Moon gelding and the kicking out when he got excited or was thwarted in any way was one one of his favorite moves. The comments are ridiculously over the top.

2 Likes

Oh, these comments are so dumb! The fabulous video of the jog outfits shows these awesomely fit, nicely muscled horses and some dummy has to do the topline/saddle fit thing. Yes, you are right: none of these top athletes who do 3rd level dressage have a topline because all of them have saddles that don’t fit.

Meanwhile, you can see those big neck muscles as they are trotting, and the flow down to their hind ends, and the nicely filled out ones at the top of their shoulders, behind the withers. But, yes, this random dingbat on instagram is going to have an important insight about none of them having toplines. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I’ve had two that liked to express themselves with handstands, kicking out, and assorted airs above the ground and they were fit, happy, and sound. One has to think that the ingoramuses have limited horse experience, do you think?

They all seem to attend the Chai Tea Latte School of Overly Connected, Integrated, Molecular-biological Fascia Release. Which I’m gathering just teaches we should massage horses not ride horses.

11 Likes

Was this the video posted by Kohls Cobs? I saw someone on shiteeventers say it was Kissing Spine. If only vets could diagnose major issues off a 30 second video.

1 Like

Maryland 5 Star page on Alex Conrad and Malibu Preacher acting up on the jog strip. Lots of x-ray vision for kissing spine and other pathologies.

6 Likes

I haven’t read this whole thread but I first saw this type of trend about a year or so ago, on saddlefitting.us on Instagram (Amanda Anderson) is her name. She would post a lot of trot ups from Eventers. Sometimes leaving their faces in the shot or clearly identifiable stuff in the photo.

I really hate the trend of hatefulness all in the name of “good horsemanship.”

There are ways to educate without vilifying people that you don’t know, horses you don’t know and situations that you don’t know.

I will say I agree that TTHW propelled this trend even further but for myself I saw it earlier than that…

5 Likes

There is a wild thread on here from a couple years ago where apparently Amanda used photos from an ex client’s personal page on her business page to make the point of she can only help saddle fit so much if the rider is off balance. Yikes.

1 Like

Who is TTHW?

The Traveling Horse Witch. There is a thread about her going as well

She is the local Stubben rep in our area. Won’t do business with her anymore, has repeatedly ghosted us and has cost Stubben sales.

1 Like