Unlimited access >

Adding Packing Peanuts to Indoor Arena Footing?

[QUOTE=Alter Halter;7075299]
I believe the packing peanuts were the polystyrene type, not the biodegradable type and it sounds like he just got some packing peanuts, shredded them up and spread them around. [/QUOTE]

But maybe they ARE the biodegradable kind and he’s just trying to get rid of them?

[QUOTE=ybiaw;7077418]
But maybe they ARE the biodegradable kind and he’s just trying to get rid of them?[/QUOTE]

The biodegradable packing peanuts I have seen, melt with a couple drops of water, to nothing but the wet spot. Nothing to disposing of them, and certainly useless to add to arena footing! Any dampness would have them melted away in a couple seconds!!

The ones I saw were soybean based, were sure an excellent packing material, and gone quickly with the water addition to the pile.

I think you should do a science experiment and let us know how it works. Maybe test a small portion of the arena, like a 10’ x 10’ square which would be small enough to clean if you hate the results. It does seem like they would float to the top and blow away, but who knows 'til you try it?

Get the kids involved for a Science Fair project!