Unlimited access >

Alpha Gal syndrome

Every single one of us is different. Beef plainly wants me ill, but dairy and cheese is fine. So is pork.

I would see an allergist, what you are enduring might be allergies plus crohns or ibs. All or any are miserable, and you need to know.

1 Like

I don’t have this syndrome but I do have severe food allergies and had to completely change my diet. The first year or so was difficult I had meltdowns and I had some depression. But it got better, I love to cook now and have a freezer and pantry stocked. Because cooking my food can be more complicated I tend to cook larger batches and then freeze it in containers. It’s a life saver to have a selection of ready to heat meals.

From a shopping perspective Trader Joe’s has the best labeling of food ever. They include the source ingredients as well. One of my allergens isn’t legally required by the fda to be included in the label but Trader Joe’s does. I have to drive further and stock up but it’s worth it. They also have lots of vegetarian options that might work.

Aldi is also nice for me because as a European based store a lot of items are made with less ingredients than most American stores.

2 Likes