Unlimited access >

Alternatives to smartpak?

I’ve had nothing but good service from Smartpak including a call last week when some salt blocks apparently got lost in transit. They said no problem, they’d send more and not to worry about it. Of course, the missing ones showed up in a box barely held together with cellophane tape the next day.
Another set showed up 3 days later.

There was a delay about 6 months ago with one of my supplements, but everyone is still alive.

I agree with the concerns about plastic waste so switched recently to buckets instead of the pre-packaged cells. I bit the bullet and bought silicone bags as I mix the supplements with grain. It was expensive but I feel better about the reduced plastics. Also, I’m saving nearly $100 a year going to buckets for my 2 horses.

I’ve looked at Platinum and a couple of other vendors and compared supplements and SmartPak is still the most economical for me. YMMV

2 Likes

It’s gotten so bad - my supplements that were due to ship on Aug. 29 are “delayed.” I get my dog food through their PortionPaks too and those were delayed last month, leaving me to switch my dog into a different food for a week. Luckily she’s not sensitive.

1 Like

I just want consistency. I switched to another all in one supplement Riding Warehouse carries and it’s shipped already- ordered this morning. I’ve been a huge SP supporter but need service I can count on. Valley Vet and Chewy have been fantastic as well! Platinum was way $$$ for what I needed, and I see Cosequin discontinued their individual packets too?! WTH?
Guess no matter how I try to get away, I’m gping to be filling containers for a while.