Unlimited access >

Another kitten to enjoy - RIP

My neighbor came out Monday to check their cabin and found a kitten hanging around. I loaned them a trap and soon it was in my barn. Tiny gray, scared, tabby. It’s currently in a “kitty condo” in my barn. No idea on sex, but it seems to be doing okay - eating, pooping, and, as of today, hissing at me if I try to pet it through the crate.

Willing to re-home if anyone near WNY is interested. I already have 3.

13 Likes

What a cutie, thank you for opening up your barn to a kitten in need. S/he looks like the perfect age to reform into a cute house cat. :wink:

Hopefully someone local can pick him/her up!! I have such a soft spot for tabbies.

7 Likes

Oh how cute! Thank you for taking him/her in.

6 Likes

If nobody gets it, it will stay here. The budget is tight, but I’ll work it out.

11 Likes

Awww! Poor little one. Good job.

6 Likes

Update - kitten is doing well. Getting more curious and playful. I did get ahold of him and was able to confirm it’s a male. Here a couple of new pictures.

18 Likes

oh yeah, perfect age to influence him that people are actually pretty great and having a full tummy and soft bed are WAY better than sleeping outside :wink: you will have him purring in your lap in no time.

8 Likes

He’s a cutie!

2 Likes

Bless you for taking him in. I love his sweet little face!

4 Likes

Kitten update

Closer inspection makes think I made a mistake, I it’s a female.

She gave me a scare yesterday but has bounced right back and seems fine now.

New pictures

15 Likes

That tiny little face!!! :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

What is that on the back of little one’s neck? It looks…awful.

Can you handle her yet? The little feet on the bars crack me up.

2 Likes

It’s an injury that just opened up and drained. It was bigger and seems to be healing alright and doesn’t seem to bother her.

Yes, I can handle her. She was getting very friendly I
the barn, then the crate got moved into the house today and she’s a little overwhelmed right now, but I think she’ll be pestering me again in a day or so.

6 Likes

Oh whew! That’s all right then. poor little thing - I am glad she is feeling more playful and that you can handle her. Toys are next. Lots and lots of toys…lol

3 Likes

The little imp is doing great. I moved her crate into the house and she is getting a chance to explore in the evenings. I’m thinking of naming her Loki after the Norse trickster god.

17 Likes

She really wants out. Does she come to you or just run around and explore?
The little feet thru the bars and the standing on her tippy-toes is too cute.

2 Likes

She plays, runs around, climbs on everything and sometimes spends time with me, but I’m not as much fun.

She’s being kept in the crate because we don’t 100% trust the dogs since she’s so small. They killed a rat in the barn today and we don’t want a mistake to happen. They are fine with the adult cats and once she’s a little bigger and they are fully used to her she’ll have her freedom.

5 Likes

Oh I get ya. I had a tiny little boy kitten who was a terror on 4 wheels. (Today he is my Baler and weigh about 17 lbs - :astonished:) There was no way in hell I was going to let him out while I was not there. I just knew I would come home one day and find him stuck somewhere or worse, having fallen off the pony wall above the stairs to his death. He lived in my bathroom for quite awhile. It surely did not stunt his growth and he turned out fine.

3 Likes

This what happened when I tried to take her picture while she was in my lap yesterday.

She jumped toward the camera just as I took the picture.

15 Likes

Oh what a little sweetheart! :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: The devilish kitties are my favorites!

1 Like