Unlimited access >

Any info on horse shopping in and importing from Portugal? Update post 32

Winning Time! Winny for short!

2 Likes

Hmmm… being that he came at Christmas time. I’d probably go with Nigel Fezziwig, or just Fezziwig. He’s a great character from A Christmas Carol.

2 Likes

Wow.
I also second both of the names Fezziwig and Jürgen, haha. Congratulations, and I personally wouldn’t mind seeing more pics and hearing regular updates. I don’t see an exterior thing about this horse that I don’t like.

1 Like

I think he looks like a Jingles. Best wishes with your lovely new horse. Please post more pics!

He is HANDSOME. Looking forward to more pics and living vicariously through your journey with him

Aww this post made my heart so full, it is clear you love this boy so much already. He is absolutely stunning, he reminds me of my guy I lost a few years ago. I just love that big white blaze. Congratulations and wish you all the best with him.

Thank you all, he is really very special! I can’t believe my luck. I’ve mostly been letting him settle in and doing groundwork, but I did ride him briefly twice this week. He has a wonderful swinging walk and his trot is as dreamy as it looks!!

17 Likes

I am always looking at stallion videos and Londontime is definitely one of my favs. He looks like he is just the right size for you too!

I can’t root against Jürgen, but I do like Noël (pronounced knoll) or, as I often recommend for any animal, male or female, Hank (short for Heinrich, ja?). Finally, given he is by Londontime, perhaps (Big) Ben? One syllable is so nice.

In case he hasn’t be lavished upon enough yet, he is so very, very lovely. In fact, I would love him and squeeze him and call him George. :wink:

5 Likes

I think his barn name should definitely be Jürgen! Sadly, not getting any good ideas for a show name to go with it.

Oh Ben is a good one! I like names that relate to the bloodlines or show name, and lend themselves to variants and nicknames. I could totally see myself calling him Benny Boy or, when he’s naughty, Benjamin. :rofl:

So far when I talk to him he’s mostly been “Baby Horse,” “Sweetie Pie,” and “Sweetie Peetie,” which made me consider Pete/Petey/Peter, after my late Uncle Peter.

Nothing has felt totally right yet but I’m going to try Ben out and see how that feels, thanks!

1 Like

Congratulations. Lovely boy. Enjoy.

Susan

I love him! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Eta: I’m a big proponent of human names for horses. Hoping that I can eventually sneak one onto my tax return as my new child :joy:

2 Likes

Congratulations on your new fella. He’s very beautiful. Has such a refined and well-bred look to him

re: people names for animals…me too! Just in horses alone i have a: Ben, Steve, Robin, Colton, Ajax, Tristan, Brenna, Fae, Tovah, Christine
the dogs,cats,sheep,cattle,llamas and even chickens have a lot of human names among them too

1 Like

Jurgie Pops was Jurgen’s nickname on GBBO. Just sayin’

1 Like