Unlimited access >

Any signs yet that the crazy horse market is finally cooling down?

The lower end of the market seems to be going down. At least in Alabama. The lower end internet/ in person monthly horse sale has gone from 30k plus for a draft cross to about 15k for the high seller and around 10k for trained quarter horses. Even an online comment remarked that horse prices are going down. I am not sure that higher priced horses have dropped much though. Based on Warmbloods for Sale they seem to be offered at prices higher than in years past. But I am not sure how many are still selling at those prices. Asking and selling price can be different.

1 Like

One of the fancy ranch horse auctions recently made a comment on FB regarding lower selling prices at a recent sale. The horses were still very expensive imo but evidently not as high as they had been

What area are you in? I’m currently looking for a lightly restarted ottb

1 Like

Hay costs are now known and they’re approximately 40-50% more this year in our area. I’ve seen lower prices for horses, and as someone else said, quite a few more horse trailers for sale.

Curious if the market has changed since this post in July? We are approaching a lease renewal and want to make sure that we’re not overpaying if the market has softened. Thanks!

I’ve been aggressively watching my local market and seems like there is suddenly much more available in the $20-40k market which indicates to me that it’s cooling a little bit. Could be wishful thinking though

2 Likes