Unlimited access >

Anyone know anything about standardbred registration?

Awww, beautiful mare & baby!! Congrats!!! I sent you a PM. Sorry my post was so short the other day, I had to run off to a race.

1 Like

Bee Oh Gee Oh? (‘Oh Gee’ could be in reference that you didn’t know her dam was pregnant.)

4 Likes

Bogota

1 Like

These are all great ideas!

(Please excuse mom’s ribs. I recently learned from her old owner that this is typical for her. I’ve been throwing the book at her trying to get her fat again)

18 Likes

You are in MD correct? Check with MD sire stakes program. The foal might be eligible because it was foaled in MD. I know that is the case with VA. If the foal is foaled in VA it is also eligible for the VA sire stakes program on top of where the stallion stands. I haven’t checked MD in a while because I’m not breeding STB’s for now…that is a whole other story…but worth looking in to.

@cripplecreekfrm Yes, I am in MD, but as noted above, foal was born at the university hospital in PA. I don’t know if that changes things. I’m not well versed with MD or PA’s incentive programs for stbs. It’s on the list to look into…

I would! And I’m not sure if VA is like this only because the sire stakes program is limited and there are few stallions standing in VA but it is definitely worth looking into.

So any update? Or at least cute baby pictures for us?

Thanks for asking!

Updates are all bad news, though.

She developed osteomyelitis at the end of April and had 2 stints in the hospital.

She’s off meds and back on full turnout and I’m cautiously optimistic she is past the worst.

Thanks to all of these vet bills, I’m out of money to deal with the stud fee drama. So registration may never happen now. From racing/sales prospect to useless, expensive pet in the blink of an eye. Go figure. :worried:

What a shame. So sorry. Hopefully she stays healthy for you.

3 Likes

ah phooey!

She can still be a nice riding horse I hope?

I don’t see why not, unless she has lingering soundness problems.

I don’t know what is up with my luck lately. I used to blame my horse drama on owning thoroughbreds, but clearly it is just me.

awe hugs.
She is a cutie though

1 Like