Aussie saddles and Gaited horses

Sorry I missed it, but who is Colin?

I traded a new Wintec AP 500 for an older Aussie. I have only used it twice but so far so good. This particular saddle has a straighter flap than most, more of a dressage seat, but with the poly’s. I think it’s a cheaper saddle, but since I despised the Wintec w/cair it was a good trade.

I have a Muster Master and there are no stuffed panels, it’s flat underneath like a western saddle. I don’t what’s up with Colin, if he’s always been like this or he has some “old man stubbornness” going on. I’m hearing more and more complaints. When I bought my saddle I didn’t want fenders or his special stirrups, but he refused to change them even though it wouldn’t cost him anything. I hate fenders and the stirrups bothered my ankles (as I knew they would). So I put on english leathers and bought EZ Ride stirrups. Otherwise, the saddle seems to fit my horse and I have to admit, for the first time ever I have no knee or ankle pain when I ride.

Erin

[QUOTE=spookhorse;4805891]
You may be able to move the stuffing around yourself using a small hand awl. Search this forum for awling as I have previously posted an explanation on how to do it. I have used that method to make one saddle fit multiple horses through the last ten+ years.

There will also be some compression of the panels as you use the saddle, it may be that’s all it will take as they never fluff back up like new no matter how much you awl.

Or you could take it in to someone who works on saddles and have them remove a little bit or move it where you need it. You open up the panels where they meet the flaps.

HTH![/QUOTE]

Ah, if the Muster Master does not have stuffed panels then I don’t know what to say :no:

Personally, if I’m going to use an Aussie saddle, I want the stuffed panels as being able to change what horse it fits on (within reason) is part of the appeal for me. I also like that they don’t generally hurt me to ride, my Jackaroo is my most favorite saddle ever! It is comfortable and secure on most horses I’ve put it on :yes:

1 Like

Melee combat is divided into three main areas: attack, strength and defense. Attack will determine the accuracy when you are fighting and will increase the consistency of your opponents when hit. Forces will

determine how hard you are hitting your opponent. Finally, the defense and how tough you are, and more frequent relations attack your opponent will hit you are.[url=http://www.gobuycheaprsgold.com]Cheap RS

Gold Higher your defense, opponents are more likely to miss.
Three skills training requires you to many and a variety of monsters fighting in RuneScape.
Waving arms to show what training style can make use and combat skills you can train with that weapon.
This screen displays your selection for that wave, and combat arms weapons. For more information on the style, move your mouse in the image.
Training attack, you will need to select ‘accurate’ offensive style from the battle menu (found in what style, move your mouse in the image), for example:
There is a higher level not only means of attack will hit you often rivals, but it also will enable you to train with the stronger / better weapons.
Read more about the attacks and weapon types, see war: weapons of page type.
See what you can wave to your attack level, see the low, medium or high level melee equipment page.
Forces you to deal finalization of the amount of damage on opponents. A strong arms and a high intensity level, you will find yourself able to deal a significant amount of damage on the monster or player!

Buy WOW Gold
Strength training, you have ‘progressive’ choice is from the style combat sub-menu (which was found, move your mouse in the image). The pure land will train your strength, so you can get the power level

faster.
For what you can wave to your strength level, watching the melee sub categories.
Defense that you have the chance to be hit. Higher level of defense make you a more tenacious fighters, long before your ability to oppose any one enemy.RuneScape Gold
Defense training, you should choose ‘defense’ select styles from the style of attack is the screen (which was found, move your mouse in the image):
A major part of defensive armor. Have more toughness armor, with a good combination of defense level is to minimize the chance to be hit. And to attack a wide variety of choices depending on your defense
level.

Not happy with my purchase!

I really wish I had seen this post before I purchased my saddle! I went to a show in Topeka, KS and looked at Colin’s saddles on display. They looked nice. But after I spent $995 + $150 for custom fitting (and waited 2.5 months!) I received a saddle that is crooked!
The leather is mounted crooked on the tree, and the tree has a bit of ‘torque’ to it so it doesn’t sit nicely on the horse. There are also 2 dings in the leather and a stripped screw! I don’t think I should have to pay return shipping for their mistake - but all Colin will do is give me full credit against a $4000 saddle. Sadly, I don’t have that much money!
If anyone is thinking about purchasing an australian saddle, I would look elsewhere …
:frowning:

1 Like

I ride my MFT in a stuebben gaited dressage saddle. Very good quality saddle and superior fit for the gaited horse. I also own a Niedersuess Dressage Saddle which fits very nicely on most (non-gaited) horses.
In comparison however, the gaited dressage saddle fits much better on the gaited horse versus the “regular” dressage saddle…that is not just my observation, but also my Trainers(USDF Gold Medalist); hence there IS a difference in (well made) gaited vs non-gaited saddles.

1 Like

I ride my gaited Rocky Mt Horse in an Arabian saddle Company Solstice. It is a wide. Same saddle fits my arab, who is non gaited.

I believe, and do think a “gaited” saddle is a marketing ploy.

1 Like

I’m glad that saddle worked out for you.

That particular saddle does not come close to even pretending to fit my MFT. It sorta kinda -maybe-for-short-rides would have worked on one of the TWH, but was a total no-go for the others.

It did however, fit my Arabian nicely. :lol:

1 Like

…mmhh, interesting…
Of course, every horses back is different so having a saddle fitter (or competent Trainer) check for saddle fit is of utmost importance:yes:
At least it fits your other horse:D

1 Like

[QUOTE=UST;5655121]
I ride my MFT in a stuebben gaited dressage saddle. Very good quality saddle and superior fit for the gaited horse. I also own a Niedersuess Dressage Saddle which fits very nicely on most (non-gaited) horses.
In comparison however, the gaited dressage saddle fits much better on the gaited horse versus the “regular” dressage saddle…that is not just my observation, but also my Trainers(USDF Gold Medalist); hence there IS a difference in (well made) gaited vs non-gaited saddles.[/QUOTE]

Well…no.

Our gaited horses come from South America and are built more like old time Andies than Walkers or Mountain Horses or horses like that. Meaning that a saddle optomized for that kind of gaited horse will likely not fit mine even a little bit.

Paso Finos are gaited. Will a saddle that nicely accomdates an average Racking Horse do well with Paso Fino?

I, too, ride a Stubben but it’s a Scout (their police/military saddle designed in '48). My wife rides a Siegfried VSD/DL.

The “gaited horse saddle” as it’s generally discussed means one essentially aimed at Walker conformation. Trouble is Walker conformation is all over the map because the TWHBEA does not have breed standard. Meaning that it’s mostly an advertising gimick, not an operational description (Gold Medal winning trainer’s opinions to the contrary notwithstanding).

G.

P.S. I recently attended a clinic put on Dr. Kate Moura da Costa Barcelos, an official trainer for the ABCCMM in Brazil. Her background includes extensive awards in Dressage in South America. She thought the Scout and Siegfried were just fine.

1 Like

Now that surprises me. Whatever complaints I’ve heard about Colin, no one’s ever complained about his saddles. I’m only thirty minutes away from his shop so a lot of people here ride in them, and the saddles are known for their high quality. Sorry to hear you got a bad one. I guess it happens sometimes.

[QUOTE=RTmis;5654970]
I really wish I had seen this post before I purchased my saddle! I went to a show in Topeka, KS and looked at Colin’s saddles on display. They looked nice. But after I spent $995 + $150 for custom fitting (and waited 2.5 months!) I received a saddle that is crooked!
The leather is mounted crooked on the tree, and the tree has a bit of ‘torque’ to it so it doesn’t sit nicely on the horse. There are also 2 dings in the leather and a stripped screw! I don’t think I should have to pay return shipping for their mistake - but all Colin will do is give me full credit against a $4000 saddle. Sadly, I don’t have that much money!
If anyone is thinking about purchasing an australian saddle, I would look elsewhere …
:([/QUOTE]

1 Like