Unlimited access >

Bad news for older dog and I was potentially taken by vet practice

So sorry :cry:

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear this.

Don’t worry, dogs know when they have loving owners.
I’m so sorry. :pensive:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry about your dear girl! We always beat ourselves up but it really does sound like you did everything you could for her, including the emergency visit. Hugs!

1 Like

I’m so sorry.

She sounds like a lovely pup and I’m sure you did everything possible

1 Like

I’m so sorry. You did your best for your dog.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss…you tried your best for her. Hugs to you.

{{{{{Lunabear 1988}}}}}

It is natural to wonder ‘what if’ but it doesn’t do any good. I had a similar experience with my little girl beagle. By the time I recognized her exercise intolerance, her heart failure was unresponsive. I just didn’t push old dogs in the summer heat. She seemed fine just hanging out at home. When I tried to resume walks when the weather cooled, she was bad. 3 weeks later, she was gone.

RIP dear dog.

Susan

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I t IS hard without a firm diagnosis ,and a hard one to make , for sure . But rest assured, you did what you could in the time allowed to find her a way to better health. Be peaceful in knowing many people will not make those efforts. Go forward with the happy, loving times in your heart.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss and know how you feel. We lost a dog to a very quick bout of what we now think was some sort of cancer. She was fine, fine, fine, then looked a little off and the vet told us she probably had 3-6 months, and we made a quick decision 2 days later to let her go as her health just cratered.

I think a lot of dogs hide their pain until the very bitter end, whether its because they’re stoic or simply don’t want to worry us. You did your best for your dog and I’m sure they knew they were well loved.

1 Like

So sorry. Losing them sucks so much. Don’t beat yourself up. It’s natural to wonder, but you did everything you could.

1 Like