Unlimited access >

Balanced Ride trailers anyone?

Update… I had a chance to buy a lightly used 2H BP Hawk with a side ramp for 9.5K a couple of weeks ago, but didn’t anticipate how much interest the trailer would get so quickly. I was cautious and wanted the trailer checked out by a mechanic etc., but someone showed up with $10K cash in hand and bought it before I could even start the process. This is certainly a changed world!

I am kicking myself for not buying the new one with a side ramp that was on the lot when I bought mine without a side ramp in 2009. It was about $3K more and IIRC didn’t have a dressing room… Woulda coulda shoulda.

We took out the center divider in my trailer and mare still won’t load. She hasn’t figured out that she could turn around (she is little). Plus it doesn’t seem like there is a good way to make the escape doors horse-safe.

She’s old and having some hoof issues, so I may just give up rather than trying to buy a new trailer. Most companies have a 6-8 month wait for something that isn’t in their usual lineup (e.g. adding a ramp to a stock trailer). I’m not sure it’s worth it for a horse that may be retired by the time the trailer shows up. She can be forced on in an emergency.

It saddens me, especially because I caused the problem.

1 Like

A friend bought a side unload Hawk in our general region for $6k about 3 months ago. It’s still possible. I saw another one for $11k 2 weeks ago. They do come on the market. That being said, you are welcome to try my Balanced Ride at any time. (Or my trainer who has helped my unloadable horse load.)

1 Like

I have someone local who has offered to bring her side ramp trailer over… Just need to arrange it. Trainer may be necessary.

2 Likes

I have the 2+1 balanced ride and love it

2 Likes

I have a BR 2+1 with LQ and love it. My horses travel so relaxed. No more sitting on the butt bar!

My trailering days are probably over – my mare is retired. Getting her to here retirement barn was not fun. Not missing trailering!