Barisone Case on 48 Hours, 10:00 PM Eastern, Saturday, 9/17

Mine says “The shooting of Lauren Kanarek, ep. 1” I wonder if that’s just the episode number, and there aren’t any others, or if there will be more TSOLK episodes to come.

3 Likes

Best laugh! I agree! its all eggbutts fault! Still laughing!

6 Likes

Mine has the Petito episode on now too - so looks like we are on track for the Barisone episode to start at 10 on time.

4 Likes

Now that we are all situated… is the live chat gonna be here? Lol.

3 Likes

Eggbutts fault… Eggbutts fault… Eggbutts fault…

LOL I’m willing to bet she’s hosting a watch party

13 Likes

Watching this (Petito) is so upsetting.

8 Likes

I’m watching football, so I guess I’m following along with spoilers…

2 Likes

This may help. They also publish a podcast of their shows.

2 Likes

I get so anxious watching that domestic violence thing, knowing she was more scared of accusing him than telling the officers what happened. Been there.

8 Likes

Ugh. I had to put it on mute. It’s triggering, and I don’t use that word lightly.

7 Likes

Just the way the cops talked to her when they investigated the altercation… Horrifying

5 Likes

I hope they include some DV resources at the end of the broadcast.

5 Likes

Agree.

Instead, I am watching this:

And this:

16 Likes

Side note: Listening in the background and I am really glad that they are discussing what drives attractive, white, straight missing peoples’ stories to get traction vs all those ignored.

9 Likes

Right!? I keep clicking back and forth… I am going to stay here unless otherwise instructed by Eggbutt.

6 Likes

Hahahahahahahaha. I have already asserted that I don’t follow @eggbutt’s orders. Let’s stay here, so we don’t have to click on two threads.

4 Likes

My guess has always been that it stems from when she stole her mother’s jewelry to sell for drugs, a burglary that was never prosecuted. My guess is that it’s a requirement by the insurance company otherwise they won’t continue coverage. And a deal not to prosecute her for burglary or theft. I think I’ve heard of similar requirements by insurance companies. Or it may be related to protection notices in effect for the neighbors, or even the neighbourhood association. Or the municipality. The kind of thing that gets cooked up to move a nuisance out but quietly. It could be due to incidents, to theft, or to drugs. A no go order.

Obviously it’s not because the parents disapprove of her behavior.

15 Likes

ok - but I do follow Eggbutts instructions - but you are my pal - so will stay here until instructed otherwise. :wink: so nervous!

3 Likes

Canadians: you can watch 48 Hours live on Glibal tonight with the River TV app.

1 Like

You’re going to follow @eggbutt’s orders over mine? How dare you???

2 Likes