Barisone/Kanarek Legal Filings (Public Record)

I don’t know, I think Knights Mom doesn’t have “zero understanding” as she is educated and actually works as a legal professional/attorney and has brought forth some useful general info in an attempt to assist others in better understanding the law.

Although, I don’t agree with the drug comments directed at LK because I feel as though those are hefty accusations and I just don’t take accusing someone of being a heroin user lightly. There’s just no actual proof of that, to my knowledge.

I have found the self proclaimed legal experts thing interesting in this thread. I suppose it can be a learning experience to bicker with actual attorneys over what the law is or isn’t. I do find the argument of, “Well, in my state it is like this, so if it is like this in NJ…” but either is or isn’t “like this” in NJ. Look it up. No need to create a hypothetical. I mean, if we are just generally discussing common law practices and practices of the various states and their similarities and/or differences, fine.

Just my 2 cents… Worth exactly what you paid for it.

There’s a lot of repetition and going in circles, as usual. :lol: That is one of the things you can always count on in these threads. Oh and going ad hominem. At least something stays consistent during these uncertain times!

7 Likes

Hahahaha! Wait, seriously? There’s actually a rumor going around that I “won the lottery!” Given I’ve never once purchased a lottery ticket - of any kind/ ever- that would be special! Can you direct me to the source? Perhaps, I have a powerball ticket which someone put in my name & I don’t even know about it!!! FYI- (while I could be wrong) Do they not announce these things? Lottery wins & such?

Anyway, thanks for the laugh! Whew! That was an LOL funny one! Maybe… your source was having a premonition! Maybe… I will buy a lottery ticket, for the first time ever! I’m going to be really disappointed if I learn your “source,” has one of those little tarot/palm reading shops. Out went your source’s clairvoyant credibility if that is the case! Bummer. I was almost excited for a millisecond there.

Man, I was gonna say, I’m super jealous of anyone that wins the lottery! However, in order to win, I guess I’d have to actually buy a ticket, so there is that! :winkgrin:

3 Likes

These examples, which seem to be California, do say that the unlicensed contractor cannot successfully sue for payment, and the property owner can attempt to claw back payments already made.

But for either the payments made or to remedy shoddy work, I didn’t see any treble damages.

It still seems odd to me that a property owner could recover 300% of the amounts paid for the work (as opposed to 100%), even if the work is flawless. On the other hand, treble damages for the damage actually created (compared to the licensed contractor being sued for just the straight damages) seems logical.

Does this all apply if there was no written contract?

If it was a $50,000 remodeling job, doesn’t your interpretation of the treble damages suggest that MB or the LLC could sue RG for $150,000?

You know exactly which company he worked for. You also know, they ONLY do bathrooms. Not kitchens. The owners wife is your “friend.” Even though RG refused to so as much as touch a bathroom in the farmhouse, due to MH’s clear lack of comprehension on how measurements work, every bathroom he did touch at the company you’re referring to earned him a 5 star rating as an “installer,” on every single survey completed by clients. This is fact. Perhaps, you should confirm with your friend that they DO, in FACT, send employers each survey by email. The sales person is rated, the installers are rated as are all parties who had direct exchanges with a client. On most occasions, it was the 5 rating given to the “installer,” (RG) which raised the general review score’s sum total- for others’ who scored quite low. On zero occasions was a complaint made or poor score given to RG - when he, himself was the installer.

Im not exactly sure how his “gone missing,” event is relevant here. He continued to work there, for quite some time after that. But um… why continue to work for someone else’s company, when he A.) dislikes the bathroom remodeling business & B.) keeps all the profit for himself when working under his own LLC ?? Yeah. I didn’t understand it either- Luckily, he took my advice.

FYI- in regards to your sign off using “Semper Fi,” I should inform you, unless YOU - YOU YOURSELF are or have been a USMC Marine, it is considered horribly disrespectful to sign off using the term. Since we both know you are not & have never been a Marine, best not to use it. It’s part of a serious brotherhood/sisterhood greeting or post script. You are not part of either. Refrain.

To avoid finding & quoting another post, I’ll just say this- @tryingtogetthere He made it through basic. And, luckily, a few other places, too. Either thank him for his service or kindly [edit]. Disgusting.

1 Like

@eggbutt - has RG ever done any work for you? Your many comments have been screenshot. Hopefully, RG won’t lose any work bc of your defamatory comments. I can assure you, the lawsuits will come rolling in if you persist. We know who you are. RG has more friends than you do, none of which will hesitate for a second to provide other slanderous or libel remarks you’ve made regarding his “shoddy,” work.

Another thing which should probably be cleared up STAT- The house was never condemned. Now that you have been made unequivocally aware of this, I will expect to find no more blatant lies on this subject. We were also never evicted. Know who was??? Well, you can ask your “good friend,” MH & fam about that. So, now, in crayon talk for you- WE evicted? NO. They evicted? Yes. HOUSE Condemned- NO. You make defamation? Yes. We bring lawsuit? Find attorney. Did you understand it that time? Me hope so.

Wait, MH and Co. Were evicted from the property/farm? Pre or post shooting? I guess I don’t speak crayon.

There was a lot floating around about the house (or some portion?) being condemned in prior threads. I forget how all that jabber started.

It’s just “facinating” the amount of allegedly false information surrounding this event and the individuals involved. Never seen anything like it. Why do people make so many things up if there is no ounce of truth to it? I don’t get it. I’ve not seen someone have to tirelessly defend themselves to this extent (Maestro aside). Or maybe I don’t get out much, entirely possible. I also do not study nor do I work with anything involving these type of lawsuits. So there’s that. I know civil suits can get messy!

7 Likes

Fitze and others -Please, please stop responding or reading anything from YD. We all agreed NOT to respond to her in any manner. I did so several days ago by mistake, and that gaff still stings that I was that stupid to be drawn in by her. Her goal is to get the threads closed, and she has done so time and again. Please stop. Please ignore her Scroll on by.

Your entire conversations with her are arguing semantics. She will continue to be purposefully obtuse and argumentative.

Please, please stop.

23 Likes

No.

18 Likes

My thoughts about the RG thing and legalities is that if, and I say IF because I don’t really know, but it appears that, MB had RG do renovations on the house, which was made uninhabitable because of a flood or water leak, if that was part of RG’s renovation fiasco, there are alot of damages there, and MB can, and probably will at some point, take him to court for being an unlicensed contractor. Whether MB knew about it at the time or not, is immaterial in NJ. NJ law punishes unlicensed contractors by awarding damages in treble. That’s how that works. There’s no mystery to it, no need to dig around at imaginary scenarios. If RG worked without a license, he gets dinged. Even if every he did was fabulous, just having inspectors come in to verifiy the work will be fined to him in treble. If the work has to be redone, that cost will be fined to him in treble.

Its entirely possible that it was Sweet Water Farms who had RG do renovations to the house, without a license. In that case, it will be SWF to go after RG and get damages in treble.

Because the property belongs to Sweet Water Farms, it will be their duty to go after him. The value of their property has dropped because of all of this. Shoddy workmanship in the house, damages in treble. Sweet Water Farms can’t be held responsible for anything that happened on their property because they are indemnified through contracts and insurance. I am sure they are damaged in many ways by this. It is a long reaching debacle, none of which looks good for LK or RG.

5 Likes

There were examples from multiple states. You are free to google and research further.

At this point, given no statement to the contrary about RG having a license, I’ll assume he does not.

11 Likes

Yes, I would too. Alot of bluster and blah about what a great worker he is, but no comment about a license. And, even if he worked under some kind of license with the bathroom company, and I don’t even know if that kind of license even exists, LK says she recommended that he go out on his own with his own LLC, unlicensed. Bad advice, probably. But yes, apparently he did so unlicensed.

And, neighbors have confirmed that there was a notice posted on the house that it was uninhabitable, so, Maybe LK never went around to the front of the house to see the notices. That’s possible. But they apparently continued to live there, indeed, LK continued to live there even after she was shot by someone, and the house was not legally habitable. Lived ther, according to her, anyway, until she went to florida, I think? Or North Carolina. Hard to say which; she claimed she was going to florida in “the season” but I think she might have ended up in North Carolina? Not sure. Anyway, no license, and condemed property with Kanarek gleefully living in it.

4 Likes

Oops. Stalking and intimidating again. Tsk, tsk, tsk. You really must get a handle on that, Lauren. Maybe laying off the keyboard really is a good advice.

22 Likes

Too good not to have a replay. All together now!

11 Likes

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“data-attachmentid”:10611812}[/ATTACH]

Screenshot_20200330-081016_Photos.jpg

4 Likes

This is why folks have questions

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“large”,“data-attachmentid”:10611820}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“large”,“data-attachmentid”:10611821}[/ATTACH]

Screenshot_20200330-081922_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20200330-081815_Chrome.jpg

9 Likes

@La-LaPopRider a couple of things…I guess I am not friends with the owners of the company Rob worked for since I don’t know whether they do or don’t do kitchen remodels. My bad.

You have no idea how many family members I have who are or were USMC Veterans, with a minimum of 8 years. By the way, Semper Fi is a shortened version of Semper Fidelis which is Latin for always faithful or always loyal. The USMC does not have a corner on the use of the term so anyone, anywhere is free to use the term, hopefully with reverence and respect. Most of the USMC Vets I know would rather someone say “Semper Fi” to them rather than “thank you for your service” because they truly understand the meaning of the Latin words.

Knitting Lauren. Knitting is productive.

24 Likes

As far as mention of “drug use”, this is a snippet from LCV2020530535, which is an 8 page document by MB’s civil attorneys:

“Those documents are incorporated herein by reference. This is no ordinary case, and Ms. Kanarek is no ordinary “plaintiff.” Ms. Kanarek has a significant criminal history (including criminal assault), a history of drug use, a history of stalking, harassing, and threatening violence against people with whom she is in conflict, and a history of firearms use that includes shooting at people and/or their personal property.”

I didn’t see the word “heroin” mentioned in any of the legal documents.

EDITED TO ADD: I stand corrected. In LCV2020428787, this is stated:

"2. Upon information and belief, Kanarek is not a resident of Morris County, New Jersey but, rather, lives a transient lifestyle in which she resides in many locations including, but not limited to , from time to time, Morris County, New Jersey.

1. Kanarek has a criminal history which, upon information and belief, includes a charge and/or conviction for criminal assault.

4. Kanarek has a history of illegal drug use including, upon information and belief, heroin.

5. Kanarek has a history of tortious and/or criminal, antisocial behavior, including but not limited to stalking; bullying; threats of harm, injury, and mayhem against persons she chooses to target; threats against public figures; gaslighting; fraud; false reports; and other behaviors which are harmful, injurious, and destructive to the people she victimizes.

1. Upon information and belief, there is a dozen or more families, persons and businesses in the United States who were victimized by Kanarek through abuse, stalking, crime, and/or other forms of serious abuse, prior to August 2019 when Kanarek turned her sights upon Barisone."
9 Likes

Heroin is in there. Maybe just not that section.

5 Likes

See the edit of my post. Thank you KM.

4 Likes