Barisone Trial This Month

I sure hope that someone posts a heads up when it is on.

6 Likes

@Inigo-montoya Are you going to be testifying at the trial?

9 Likes

Bravo!

3 Likes

In reply to Joanne.

5 Likes

It seems likely though I can’t imagine what I bring to the table.

2 Likes

@Inigo-montoya Wouldn’t you already know if you are testifying?

13 Likes

Fascinating!

6 Likes

Oh, I can imagine all sorts of secrets you will bring to the table. Please be sure to let us know what day you are testifying so we can be sure to tune in!

9 Likes

Does it sound like the trial will be available to watch online?

1 Like

Yes, indeed!

2 Likes

Not everyone under subpoena will actually testify.

1 Like

@Inigo-montoya You didn’t actually say you have been subpoenaed. Is it reasonable to assume that you have been?

11 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

That’s is reasonable.

1 Like

Are you thinking the trial will be available to watch online? I hope so. I thought it was not going to be.

2 Likes

Yep.

1 Like

I thought you have an inside track.

7 Likes

Only on things that have happened….not on things that may/will happen tomorrow

1 Like

Well, that should be good enough! Lots of questions about the past. Should be fascinating for all. I didn’t think you were a psychic!

3 Likes

I think some of the problem for some posters is not understanding that Complex-Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, (C-PTSD), does not “show” symptoms all, or even most of the time. The symptoms occur when triggered. So a person mental status can change from minute to minute.

" People who have PTSD or complex PTSD can react to different life situations as if they are reliving their trauma."

The particular situation that triggers a person can be random and varies depending on their specific trauma history. A person can be triggered by situations, images, smells, conversations with others, and more.

This triggering can manifest as a fight-or-flight response triggered by the amygdala, responsible for processing emotions in the brain.

When this happens, a person’s brain can perceive that they are in danger, even if they are not. This is known as an amygdala hijack
and can also result in things like flashbacks, nightmares, or being easily startled." In my opinion an amygdala hijack could be the “self defense” portion of MB’s defense.

People with PTSD or complex PTSD may exhibit certain behaviors in an attempt to manage their symptoms. One of the symptoms is:

• avoiding unpleasant situations by becoming “people-pleasers”.
    A people pleaser tries to make everybody happy all the time. Even if that means saying one thing to someone and something completely different to someone else.

From what I have read in the posts on this list from LaLa this sounds like what MB was attempting to do. He was trying to please his girlfriend and his client.

Insanity can come and go depending on “stress” levels a person is experiencing.

Another way to think of C-PTSD is it can also be known as causing Psychosis.
Psychosis is defined as some loss of contact with reality. I am hoping most on COTH have heard of people having a psychotic break.

A psychotic break indicates the first onset of psychotic symptoms for a person or the sudden onset of psychotic symptoms after a period of remission . Symptoms may include delusional thoughts and beliefs, auditory and visual hallucinations, and paranoia.

In the elderly Psychosis can be caused by thyroid disease, diabetes, sleep deprivation and dehydration. Now if you fix the problem - provide thyroid/diabetes medication, sleep or fluids/liquids you can fix the psychosis and then the person will be “sane”. So hopefully you understand this concept. Old person is dehydrated and acts insane. Old person is giving I/V fluids and within an hour can be sane again.

During a period of psychosis, a person’s thoughts and perceptions are disturbed and the individual may have difficulty understanding what is real and what is not. Symptoms of psychosis include delusions (false beliefs) and hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that others do not see or hear).

Here is a definition of insanity:

A legal rather than a medical term, implying a disorder of the mind of such degree as to interfere with a person’s ability to be legally responsible for his or her actions. The term is little used in medicine but might equate to [PSYCHOSIS]

A defense of insanity, in law, is governed by the McNaughten Rules.

Under the M’Naghten Rule, anyone who lacked the ability to understand the wrongfulness or nature and consequences of his actions at the time.

The interesting thing about the New Jersey insanity defense is that it is entirely based on the cognitive perception of the individual’s behavior, not whether the individual had any ability to change that behavior, as is the rule in other jurisdictions.

Here is my speculation about the trial.

A person could be suffering a psychotic break when triggered by life circumstances that overwhelm them - like being threatened and having their life fall apart. The psychotic break/amygdala hijack from C-PTSD could lead to an “insanity” defense. The psychosis causes the person to have false beliefs/delusions that they are in more danger than they really are. Also called distorted thinking. This leads to “self-defense”.

Please remember, in my previous post, I explained that C-PTSD causes people who have it to act emotionally as if they are back in their childhoods. They do not reason as an adult but as a child when triggered.
So MBs lawyer could use both defenses at the same time and depending on the jury MB could be found not guilty.

Here are some links I used.

19 Likes