Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

Confirmed on the go fund me page.

35 Likes

Per LO, MB has been moved to A. Klein :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Finally!!! Hopefully things go smoother from here, and they can get moving on that evaluation.

3 Likes

Would you think they would still need to have the court hearing or is it likely to be delayed?

2 Likes

My gut tells me it’s going to be moved out 30 days. But at least there is finally some progress!

Edit to add: that first hearing is about the initial evaluation and whether he is a danger to himself and others, and what levels of restrictions (if any) he needs going forward. Now he’s at least in the place where someone can get to work on that.

5 Likes

Wow. Not even a pillow? :confused:

10 Likes

Yes! Good news!

What’s your take on the 2 week quarantine? No pillow, no mail ? Seems to me like they are putting him in a more restricted situation which goes directly against what Krol call for. If he’s been stable in jail why would they increase his restrictions, seems very punitive.

11 Likes

They’re moving him to a max security psych hospital. They have to determine what level of harm he presents right now before they can start mixing him in with other patients. Safety for everybody is going to come first.

7 Likes

Not ekat, but I am guessing that is their standard protocol for new patients. ???

I can understand “quarantine” (Covid) but no pillow does seem pretty harsh. Are they afraid he will smother himself with it? (I would need a chiropractor!)

[Ha, posting the same time as ekat!] :smile:

6 Likes

No pillow, no mail ? Seems to me like they are putting him in a more restricted situation which goes directly against what Krol call for. If he’s been stable in jail why would they increase his restrictions, seems very punitive.
[/quote]

Unknown suicide risk. A suicidal could attempt to suffocate themselves with a pillow or hang themself with a blanket. Contact with an unknown outside party could trigger a suicide attempt

8 Likes

I’m guessing they have standard rules in place to deal with a level of mental health problems most of us can’t even imagine. :frowning:

9 Likes

Yeah, it’s a little scary.

What is encouraging is she’s asking people to write letters, while she finds out what else can be sent (cards, etc). So that’s good.

And, while they’re getting to know his security risk at the facility (if any) they’re laying the foundation for whether or not he’s considered a risk. So, progress!! (Finally).

4 Likes

I understand but I feel that he has already shown a level of stability, not actively being suicidal or dangerous so to increase his restriction for behaving appropriately seems wrong but I do understand it’s a system rule-procedure.

10 Likes

As far as they know, he’s only been so stable because of the environment and the transfer could trigger something as it is an anticipated move towards an unregulated environment
freedom.

3 Likes

Well, I’m guessing whatever he showed at the previous facility does not carry over to the new place. Everyone there probably starts from scratch when they arrive.

2 Likes

I have mulch, if you need help decomposing the body(s)

5 Likes

I was told by friend that is atty that sometimes backlogs of getting into facilities are from trying to place people who are not going home but to long term care facilities. Apparently those places must be limited in space as well. What I wonder is, who gets the money for the fines imposed on the facilites who cannot accept people such as those who were incarcerated? Why fine a place that is probably stretched for resources as it is?

2 Likes

Look at the threads after the first one. They were so nasty I would read a bit as a lurker then leave for weeks or months.

The later threads have been comparatively much less nasty.

1 Like

I’m guilty then - camp shovel in my Prius for snow days. It’s not even a farm vehicle!

Have both those, too. And a hack saw. Yikes for me! Then again, I might already be on their radar due to the wrench in my purse I was questioned about by NYC government building security a few weeks back (it’s still there). LOL

Explain please the possum.

9 Likes