Begging to make something out of myself in the equestrian world...

[QUOTE=Ember;6088747]
I thought this about 10 posts in. There were also a lot of other threads right at the same time where skittlespony/propereq/xemily posted and replied to to each other. It all seems very scripted. I think there were even a couple more alts lol. Gallopinggal sure has a similar writing style. Maybe it’s me but my first instinct was that they are the same person and that this thread was calculated to get the response it did.[/QUOTE]

Really though… What is this chick trying to accomplish? Obviously no matter how names she uses or different ways she asks, it’s not working out! :lol: Silly girl

I have not read all of the posts but I think (early on) OP mentioned going to Mt.Holyoke & riding on their team. IHSA can offer a great opportunity to make a name for yourself- ridng some quality donated horses & qualifying & competing for the Cacchione Cup. Not to mention showing at nice barns & making contacts with other coaches & directors. Get yourself known. Not easy but everyone (open riders) has a shot.

I think some fab riders have won that award- of course Beezie Madden is the first one that comes to mind.

If someone has previously pointed this out, I apologize—

[QUOTE=ponyface93;6088103]

Edit: BTW EnglishIvy the grey on your homepage is gorgeous![/QUOTE]

Thanks, that is ahem one of my home-bred mares that I broke and trained myself. :smiley:

Like I said, I am pretty darn good at it! :wink:

Now ask me to go jump in the USHJA hunter derby…I don’t think I have the cojones. And I’m ok with that!!

[QUOTE=Trees4U;6088811]
I have not read all of the posts but I think (early on) OP mentioned going to Mt.Holyoke & riding on their team. IHSA can offer a great opportunity to make a name for yourself- ridng some quality donated horses & qualifying & competing for the Cacchione Cup. Not to mention showing at nice barns & making contacts with other coaches & directors. Get yourself known. Not easy but everyone (open riders) has a shot.

I think some fab riders have won that award- of course Beezie Madden is the first one that comes to mind.

If someone has previously pointed this out, I apologize—[/QUOTE]

I don’t think OP would be an open rider though as it seems like she has limited showing experience. And while I’ve heard Nationals is an amazing experience, I don’t know how many doors winning an adv w/t/c class at Nationals will open. Btw, I’m not knocking the lower ihsa divisions. I’ve seen adv w/t/c riders who ride much better than some open riders out there.

Rel6-
I was thinking more like - she’s 16 now & by her account -very talented. I thought if she can get o/f experience, go to college, get on team, 3 yrs to get to open rider (maybe quicker) and use that senior yr to go for it. I wasn’t really thinking w/t/c divisions.

IIRC, one of OP’s posts didn’t think IHSA would be of much value & since she is looking for a chance, maybe this could help.

Long shot but hey, ya never know

I’ll just leave this here…http://www.youtube.com/user/xemilyx805?feature=watch

[QUOTE=Trees4U;6088895]
Rel6-
I was thinking more like - she’s 16 now & by her account -very talented. I thought if she can get o/f experience, go to college, get on team, 3 yrs to get to open rider (maybe quicker) and use that senior yr to go for it. I wasn’t really thinking w/t/c divisions.

IIRC, one of OP’s posts didn’t think IHSA would be of much value & since she is looking for a chance, maybe this could help.

Long shot but hey, ya never know[/QUOTE]

If you haven’t jumped 3’+ at a recognized show, you can be placed into walk-trot-canter. Depending on the size of the team and how much each rider gets to show, it probably wouldn’t possible to even point into open after three years. I’m a senior and I’ve been in the same division since year (and not for lack of doing well at shows). Unless you’re on a small team or you’re really that good, you’re probably not going to be showing at every show.

[QUOTE=neverfALTER;6088904]
I’ll just leave this here…http://www.youtube.com/user/xemilyx805?feature=watch[/QUOTE]

Just thought I would repost this…

Oh lawdy, now we’re thinking OP and skittles/PE1 are one and the same? And maybe another poster too?? The plot thickens…

I’ll just leave this here…http://www.youtube.com/user/xemilyx805?feature=watch[/QUOTE]

PLOT TWIST!

[QUOTE=LeandraB;6088962]
PLOT TWIST![/QUOTE]

That little black pony in “That’s Why {I Love You}” can certainly jump from anywhere, I’ll say that much…

Maybe its Sybill, with the multiple personalities? :wink: :lol:

[QUOTE=BAC;6088975]
Maybe its Sybill, with the multiple personalities? :wink: :lol:[/QUOTE]

This is beyond Sybill… she must have a twin sister. :lol:

and this thread starts to get good!

[QUOTE=GingerJumper;6088974]
That little black pony in “That’s Why {I Love You}” can certainly jump from anywhere, I’ll say that much…[/QUOTE]

My first thought! :lol:

Do my eyes deceive me or are those rainbow striped standards at that jump? Oh my, my My Little Pony childhood dreams are finally coming true…:yes:

Emily, you are so focused on what you don’t have - a horse to show at 3’ or higher - that you are completely overlooking what you do have. You have horses at home and supportive parents. You have a tight seat and leg and sympathetic hands. These are great things! But you have no education in rhythm, riding a track, and helping your horse find the jump at the most ideal distance, and you don’t need to jump big fences to learn those things!

Why don’t you focus on becoming the best darn 2’6" slick local rider there is? Watch videos of the top hunter riders and practice riding like them. Read books on riding and apply the lessons to yourself at home.

Canter over poles on the ground until you can find the short, medium, and long distance every single time from whatever line you choose. Improve your horse’s performance by teaching yourself to ride better. There are plenty of young people who love horses just as much as you do but who don’t have half your opportunities. Think about it.

The kid has a tight little leg.

I’ll stay out of the cyber stalking and who has an an alter or alias or whatever.

Note to OP: Think twice about what you put on the interwebz. Others certainly are thinking hard about it. Apparently adults do “take no prisoners,” even with the young 'ns.

Geesh, you guys. Weren’t you young, ambitious and naive once, too? Or do we just not know that because you didn’t do yours on the web?

The Youtube channel pretty sums it all up…

[QUOTE=RougeEmpire;6089170]
The Youtube channel pretty sums it all up…[/QUOTE]

What it says to me is that the OP is a child and adults have no business smacking children around on the Internet.