Unlimited access >

Belmont Stakes News

I am really excited to see Flightline. He may be a great one!

I’m surprised how many short fields there are—5 and 6 horse fields on Belmont day is not what I expected…

1 Like

While the stakes races may have shorter fields, most all of them are packed with talent.
It will be one of the best undercard days of racing in a long time, IMO.

Echo Zulu was a last second scratch from the Acorn
Track/starter vet scratched her.

Some results from Belmont Day races.

Acorn

Just a Game

Brooklyn S.
Fearless wins over Warrant & Lone Rock

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/usa/bel/2022/6/11/5/brooklyn-s-g2

Woody Stephens

1 Like

Echo Zulu lame in near fore, vet scratched at the gate. I didn’t see the race. Did she have an incident in the gate, or was she just lame and her connections didn’t notice?

From the article I posted above

Joel Rosario, jockey for Echo Zulu, the champion 2-year-old filly of 2021 for owners Winchell Thoroughbreds and L and N Racing and Hall of Fame trainer Steve Asmussen, said his mount “took a long time to warm up” and was a “little bit off.”

Dr. Anthony Verderosa, director of NYRA veterinarians, said Echo Zulu was lame in her left front.

Thanks. I didn’t catch that in the article. What a disappointment and a concern for them.

1 Like

Dramatically bad finish for Letruska. I hope she’s okay.

Missed the race :woman_facepalming:
will have to wait for the reply.

She and Search Results burned each other out on the front end.

1 Like

Fantastic run by Flightline to win the Met Mile!!

3 Likes

Gave me goosebumps!!

She x-rayed clean. I’m sure she’ll get ultrasound/MRI/full workup in the coming days.

2 Likes

Creative Minister is gorgeous!

2 Likes

Mo Donegal wins the Belmont!!
Fantastic 2nd by Nest.

Eric Reed had said before the race, that if RS ended up last/at the back of the field, he’d have no chance.
Richie was last all the way around & finished 6th.

Can’t wait to see more of this years 3 y/o crop as the year continues.

Great race, nice to see Mo Donegal finish in front. Nest looked awesome! What a gritty mare.

3 Likes

I was happy for Mike Repole. Please no one burst my bubble and give me a reason I shouldn’t like him. Kidding… sort of…

4 Likes

I like Mike Repole. He seems to really appreciate the horses for themselves, not just as some kind of accessory to show off how wealthy one is. I know he gave one of his retiring stakes horses, Notacatbutallama, to a woman who worked in the Belmont racing secretary’s office. He knew she really liked the horse and would give him a good home. And she has; “Llama” has his own Instagram account.

7 Likes

He claimed Be Bullish when his connections were running him into the ground, then retired him to Old Friends Cabin Creek. I believe he’s a big supporter of theirs.

I think he had a couple other high profile horses put into aftercare programs to be retrained as riding horses. He’s been very generous donating seasons to Uncle Mo for charity.

12 Likes