Unlimited access >

Best equine schools in Ohio

Nevermind that this post seems oddly ad-like or spammy, but what exactly do these job titles even mean? Are you presently employed as one or both of those? Both of those are vague enough they could mean many things or nothing at all.

6 Likes

You can go to a college that has a good equestrian program. I would suggest you try to ride on the team and make the most of your equine experience…

But get a degree that will get you a job. Accounting, business, marketing, etc. It will be a struggle to make a living in the horse world and will only get harder, I am sorry to say.

I wish you all the best! Keep horses in your life but create a life where you can really enjoy them!

1 Like

Luke, that’s a pretty broad certification you’ve got there. :wink:

What sort of animal has someone “certified” you to train? Tigers? Dolphins? Parrots? Horses? Dogs? All of them? :confused:

1 Like

I agree to not get an equine degree and look at non horsey schools. Most state and many private schools have IHSA teams that you can join and in the process meet horse people, learn more about horse care, riding, teaching, running a barn and shows, etc. They always need volunteers, so basically as much time as you want to spend hanging around learning and working is welcome. So if you are determined to have your college experience be a horsey one, consider this approach instead.

This odd one time only poster bumped up a year old post , a frequent spammer move. I call spam or at least advertising services which is against our rules…

OP here only visits here occasionally. Not much at all lately.

I went to the University of Findlay, I was there for 1 1/2 years. I did all the big Eq finals as a junior, and the trainer at the time at Findlay told me that it was a waste to continue there. She landed me a working student position at Old Salem Farm, I was there for 2 years and then took a job as head groom for Peter Leone. I burned out of the business 2 years later. I went back to school for IT and now enjoy taking lessons from time to time for fun, but I have no desire to compete any more, I just want to ride for fun.