Unlimited access >

Best, non-fad, high-quality saddle? (Voltaire? CWD? other suggestions?)

County Innovation

I saddle shopped for about 6 months before settling on a new Antares. I’ve heard many unpleasant stories about CWD quality and customer service so didn’t really consider them. I tried a few Hermes and they don’t fit ME very well. I considered Devoucoux, but didn’t actually get the opportunity to ride in one. Devoucoux is an older more established brand. Obv Hermes is VERY established. Antares and CWD are new’ish and Voltaire is quite new. I don’t like how County and Stubbens look so also didn’t consider those brands. I show in the hunter classes so wanted something that would look pretty in the hunter ring. Best of luck!

How bout completely off french saddles all together… :slight_smile: go look at The English Riding Company. Custom, handmade english saddles! Wool flocked and beautiful!

Another vote for Delgrange. The leather quality, comfort, and security of them is unreal. Every one I’ve sat in has made it very hard to be in the wrong position. Customer service is second to none, too.

Thanks for all the great ideas, folks! Gotta love COTHers. :slight_smile:

Trying to get time in as many saddles as I can, to see what style fits my gelding…and me.

Does anyone have experience with WOW saddles? UK brand. I had the saddle fitter I trust & have used for many years out this weekend. He got out of selling saddles a number of years ago (just was doing fitting), but he is so impressed with the WOW saddles that he has those now. He didn’t have the exact set-up I’d need, but I loved what I did sit in. They are really cool. Completely modular, so you can put any combo of seat, tree, and flat together - and change it out easily when needed. The leather was lovely and the fit was fabulous on my horse - I could tell he liked it - plus it is VERY easy to change over time, as it’s a different type of tree that has no points. http://www.wowsaddles.com/unique-features.html

But…anyone have experience in the jumping saddles? He only had dressage flaps to try when he was out (and I don’t need a dressage saddle…) Plus, I don’t think many h/j folks in this area are using them…so hard to get time in one that’s already “in action” locally. Mostly dressage, endurance, and all-purposey folks are the ones he’s sold to recently. (and sure wish the name was different…“WOW” seems so… cheesy)