Unlimited access >

Best option to tow arena groomer

My arena is almost done (YAY!) complete with fiber footing. I have a Dragonfly groomer (does not need PTO) but I have been warned that my old 2WD JD Gator might not have sufficient pulling power to use it on the footing (I have used it successfully on the former clay/sand surface).
It’s wet as heck right now so I have nto tried it. But, assuming I do need something else, what are your recommendations?

(not really interested in a tractor… I know my limits).

I have a friend that uses/ used a Gator with no problems that I am aware of. She has a large indoor with fiber footing and I think has a 5 foot Parma groomer. She does not have a three point hitch so she has to raise and lower the drag by cranking it up or down. She can do her arena FAST with her Gator. I have a similar drag that I use with a tractor and 3 point hitch and I think it is easier to adjust the depth of the tines with this method.

do you know if the Gator is 4WD? thx

I will ask her. I do not know.

“Just a regular gator and I don’t need the 4wd option. It does just fine. Any size should work.”

Response from friend.

1 Like

thx!!!

My base model Kawasaki Mule 4000, with no 4WD or power steering, handles my Drag-n-fly 60 inch arena groomer just fine.