Unlimited access >

Best place to buy clipper blades

I have Lister Stars and need to get new blades because it’s body clipping season. Should I get the fine or the medium? Best place for price? Brand blades?

Buy these, and you will not regret it :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.premier1supplies.com/p/premier-medium-clipping-blade-set?cat_id=36

1 Like

After discovering that the blades I dropped off locally were going to take 2.5 weeks to get sharpened, I bought T-84 blades from Riding Warehouse for about $30. I think SmartPak had a better price but would have taken longer. RW and I are both in CA so shipping is fast and free.

Personally, I like the fine blades. I allow about 2 weeks between clipping and showing to make sure they’ve grown in enough hair to be slick and shiny instead of that “just clipped” look. A lot of people think the fines cut too short, but I liked it and it definitely extended the time between clips. I could clip with the fines in October and be set until January or February. When I clipped with the mediums in October, I had to clip again barely 8 weeks later. YMMV.

Medium, medium, medium. Unless your horse is a sheep and you want him bald with lines, stay away from the fine blades. I unfortunately learned that lesson the hard way. The mediums clip beautifully.

2 Likes

I sent you a PM. :slight_smile:

I use the Premier1 medium blades. I also send them back to Premier1 for sharpening. They do a great job, reasonably priced, and fast turnaround.

I ended up in tears the first time I tried to clip my horse with the fine blade because he looked so awful. Totally agree with @touchstone. Even if he’s a sheep-like horse, don’t use the sheep blade.

1 Like

Premiere medium blades.

I have used the Lister fine ones, from necessity, twice. Horse didn’t look too bad after a week or so, but I was really glad that no one but me and my husband saw him until then, lol.

1 Like