Unlimited access >

Best schooling wraps/boots for dressage in hot/humid weather conditions?

If he didn’t interfere I would not use anything.

My preference is woof brushing boots, but my horse interferes. I found skeepskin too bulky for my horse, and not any cooler.

[QUOTE=krissy13101;7553733]
Good to know! Thanks! What if the horse is prone to rain rot though on the legs? I keep up with it but sometimes it pops up. Would the sheepskin hold the fungus? Just wondering because I have no idea. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Wash his legs with Nizoral shampoo weekly and you shouldn’t have any problem with Mud Fever. You can also wash the boots with it too.

Are the Equilibrium wraps thick enough to provide any meaningful protection from a knock? I like the idea but they look more like a fashion statement than a shock absorber. Do your horses’ legs sweat under these wraps in hot weather?

My horse does not sweat under the Equilibriums. As far as a knock - It probably depends on how hard your horse knocks themselves - mine show a little wear on the inner fetlocks on the rear from occasional brushing, but we do quite a bit of lateral work and they have never worn through. A serious knock would likely require something with a hard shell - and those are going to be hotter underneath.