Unlimited access >

Blevins Buckles. Discuss

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve had that trouble with many western saddles with Blevins buckles. The stirrups just wonā€™t go short enough for my legs. My synthetic Big Hornā€™s stirrups did, and even went one hole shorter, for my niece!

Iā€™ve also wrapped English leathers for little kids riding big horses when they didnā€™t have access to ponies.

I know how you feel! I live in a senior apartment building so we all have all sorts of grab bars in our bathtubs. Even with those, though, Itā€™s a lot of work to get up from a nice soak in the tub after an even nicer session with the lesson horse. But at least when Iā€™m holding onto a grab rail I donā€™t feel like my hands are going to slip like I have sometimes felt when all I had to steady myself was the side of a tub and the tiled back wall.

1 Like

For those that need shorter fenders, try junior ones, is what fits my shortie 26" inseam.

2 Likes

I have even thought about looking for a step ladder with a hand rail, if it wouldnā€™t spook the horse, and if it would stand steady in the arena footing. My days of climbing onto the hoods of cars to mount are long gone ā€“ even if todayā€™s car hoods were as strong as Buick Wildcatsā€™.

2 Likes

That has nothing to do with the type of buckles, but the length of the fenders. There are fenders for shorter legs, which it sounds like you need.

2 Likes

Eyyy, I am also part of the short-legs brigade. I am a small adult so I need large youth stirrups most of the time. I just got youth fenders on my saddle because I prefer the feel of them in jeans (English leathers + my legs = so much pinching).

1 Like

Thank you all for your feedback!

I am still picturing western saddles with English leathers and stirrups and really, really wanting to try that just to see how it looks and works.