Unlimited access >

Boarding situation: when to give notice without a contract!

I gave a 30 day notice and paid for C&C. My BO treated me and my horses like crap, so I moved after 2 weeks and paid board at the new barn as well.

Learned my lesson so thereafter I paid board, gave notice at same time, and moved immediately. Better to pay double board that have hostile conditions.

At that first barn I told a kid’s mother to give a 30 day notice. BO quit feeding her pony! They had to feed, and fortunately lived down the street. Next person I just loaded up her horse for her on the day she moved.

Last barn I asked the BO how much she wanted. She gave a low amount so I doubled it and kept the email for my records.

[QUOTE=BellaMia;8888543]
The 30 days doesn’t require you to be there, just pay and even without a contract, I would just to keep it “civil”. I would load her up early when no one is up or around and go. Give written notice by email or something you can keep, pay that full 30 for good measure and book it.

This.

Leave paying your thirty days as you go. With luck you can simply leave a check.

Bring a friend.

[QUOTE=Guilherme;8888881]
The OP has a valid, oral boarding contract. The written contract that was never signed binds NO ONE! No writing is ever binding until it is signed by the parties to be charged.

Just thought that needs to be clarified based upon a few comments.

G.[/QUOTE]

I know. But she did request it and apparently has a copy in hand which is going to make her look very bad in this situation, signed or not. The BO is going to say she gave her the contract, it says what notice is required blah blah, and OP is just being a difficult customer who didn’t bother reading the paperwork she specifically asked for and to people outside he situation it will certainly sound that way.

Learn a lesson from this, and suck it up and give 30 days. I know it blows to waste that board money, but now you know tovsifn the contract the next time you’re given one.