Bridles like finesse?

I am waiting for my Finesse. The model I wanted is delayed through HxH.

Meanwhile, I have this: https://exceptionalequestrian.com/collections/bridles-and-reins/products/schockemohle-sport-westminster-bridle I’ve seen Lumiere bridles with buckles over the crown too.

I’ve seen a Finesse in person and they are lovely quality, if a bit silly looking straight on.

I wonder if something like this may be a good test to see if a Finesse would be worth the investment? I haven’t tried either one so not sure. I am curious if either would help my poll sensitive jumpers but not $800 curious.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/845036297/headstall-pad-releasing-the-cervicals?click_key=81955bbd902260d93303c28726cd98beb5d0a968%3A845036297&click_sum=a82bf881&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=horse+bridle+pad&ref=sr_gallery-1-5&organic_search_click=1&ret=1&content_source=a934a6836ef85cd8522d4a6fc55076150c4cc235%3A845036297

1 Like

Bliss has a new bridle that looks very similar:

Same price point, unfortunately. But it does look like they do trials at least. I looked at it at the k3de and liked it but the mare I was looking at it for needs a draft sized crownpiece and no one makes that.
I’m thinking if trying the poll pads on Etsy linked above, I’ve had one in my cart for awhile.

I’m thinking of trying something like one of those thick bit and bee noseband pads (or make my own) with a back on track crown pad underneath it as a low budget experiment. I couldn’t find my halter fuzzy so I haven’t tested anything yet.

This is interesting

Schumacher makes a couple similar - here, and here. Price point isn’t any better though!

Are you able to use an ear bonnet with this bridle? My horse is very sensitive to flies and they’re ridiculously attracted to him. Without an ear bonnet, he shakes his head constantly, no matter the fly spray.

You can absolutely use a bonnet with this bridle just like you would with any other bridle.

1 Like

This makes me wonder about the fit of the Finesse on some horses. I bought a used Schumacher of this design for my horse and it didn’t work for either of my horses. The buckle over the poll and the shape of the poll padding pulled the crown piece into the back of her ears. They both did better and the fit was a lot better with a monocrown bridle with the traditional buckles on the side of the face.