Broken leg with nerve pain - any advice?

[QUOTE=BShipps;8776202]
I’m a little late to the party so I hope your last surgery has gone well! Draper Therapies makes some products that help with diabetic nerve pain - not sure if it’s similar to what you’re experiencing but thought I’d throw it out there.

Feel better soon :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Now that I’m out of the cast the pain management guy prescribed some topical cream, I assume it’s similar. I just saw him a couple hours ago so I haven’t actually looked yet…

And an update on the nerve pain, I think I’ve found a good dosage amount and schedule. There was a lot of trial and error but now the nerve pain during the day is very minimal, and only a little worse at night, generally speaking. I’m starting to have more good nights than bad, which is a first.

Physical therapy seems to be going well, he’s always surprised how much progress I’ve made each time. That had me pretty happy until I was reminded how low my baseline was! I still can’t curl my toes, but he had me try while putting his fingers below my ankle. He exclaimed how much better that was, but another patient looked over and with a really confused face said “nothing is happening.” Physical therapist said “right, but muscles are firing higher in the foot that weren’t previously.” I think the other guy was genuinely concerned that he had gotten so excited over my toes not moving. :lol: Still, progress is progress and I’ll take it.