Unlimited access >

Brookledge Shippers??!

Agree with the recommendations for Johnson - they are the best.

Shipped several times with Brookledge. Both times they picked up and delivered as promised. NY to KY, and NY to Colorado.

I have shipped with other shippers, and it was a nightmare.

Add me to the list of those who won’t use Brookledge again. Their service s*cked when I shipped my horse from CT to GA. As others have noted, they ship at their convenience - it was a total pain to get organized. And once they’d picked my horse up, I got no further communication - despite the fact that they were several DAYS late delivering him. Later, I was told that the truck he was on broke down, and he was kept at a layover facility. I was frantic, and they couldn’t have been less interested in giving me any information about where he was or when he would be delivered. Never again.

SLW, can you share the name of the shipper you used? Thank you!

I used Morrissey’s based out of NY to have a horse shipped from KY to the mid-atlantic area. They were fantastic. I would definitely recommend them. Great communication, fair prices, on-time delivery., and happy horses :slight_smile:

I shipped a horse from PA to CA with Brookledge this summer. I chose them based on largely positive reviews, as well as the fact that they would provide the most direct/expedited route.

Communication was professional, and they picked up exactly on the “ready” date I provided. The horse left on a Thursday morning, and arrived in CA on a Sunday morning. My horse got picked up on a smaller shuttle, transferred to a semi, had a <12hr layover in Lexington KY, put on another semi, and then transferred to another small shuttle for final delivery in CA. I was actually there for both departure and arrival, and the vehicles were immaculate. The drivers I met on both ends were very nice and professional as well.

Here’s the big BUT…
I had placed my ulcer-prone, horse on Gastrogard for the journey. I provided a very clearly labeled bag of tubes for each day of the trip, and this was noted on the bill of lading and communicated to the driver on departure. The final delivery driver had no idea about the Gastrogard, and I found the bag of untouched tubes tucked safely in the trunk that was sent with him.

My horse stepped off the trailer well hydrated, but showing obvious signs of discomfort - 3 solid days of transport was clearly enough for him to have developed ulcers.

When I called the dispatch office, I was rudely told that it was my fault for not explicitly listing Gastrogard in the original quote (which was done via email). After some persistence and phone tag my call was escalated and the case was “investigated” for a few days before they did admit that since the meds were listed on the bill of lading that traveled with the horse, they should have been given during the trip.

In the end, they refunded my the cost of the month of Gastrogard treatment that was required to resolve the ulcers. I guess they did try to make it right, but I would rather not have had my horse be miserable in the first place.