Unlimited access >

Budget bridles that feel expensive

Sorry to hear! Side story, bought my first one in Germany. I touched base with the lady who sold it to me and she said the dad died and Kavalkade was no more because the son squandered the company money on Ferrari’s lol! But now they are back. I did not get the crank. My OTTB would have been highly offended. :smile:

That’s interesting to hear!

I love cranks. I don’t crank them at all but they tend to have equal pressure on the jaw that other nosebands don’t. I bet your OTTB would love equal pressure that is so well padded. You don’t have to crank a crank!

4 Likes

Yesss. You don’t have to crank a crank! I feel as though they’re not a bad design and don’t understand the hate for them. If a bridle comes with a crank nosebad, I don’t really care because I do mine up quite loose anyway.

3 Likes

My double bridle is a Schockemöhle, and I don’t use it so much, but the quality is ok. It’s a bit of a stiffer leather, but it’s also rolled leather and not used as much as my snaffle. The crown piece has a nice anatomical design to it. I’d buy one again for the right price (this one was on sale).

My everyday bridle is a BR rolled bridle. It’s not bad. It was 80€ and I really cannot complain. I keep thinking about upgrading to a Dyon rolled leather bridle, but the BR fits quite well.

Got the bridle and it is really nice. Pic/review in the long Anatomical Bridles thread. I’ve had a Micklem competition before and the Bobby’s leather is way nicer! The pics on the website show noseband and browband both as flat and raised/fancy stitched. Mine is black and came with the raised/fancy stitching, which looks nice, though I might black out the fancy stitching. The browband does run small, so prepare to use something else. I bought a Warmblood size and it’s perfect on my 16.3 mare who tends to run between FS/OS in other bridles.

1 Like