Can someone tell me what this device is?

This is how I was taught to use sidereins but I don’t see it much anymore.

I will add that a horse working in sidereins the saying is that 10 minutes of lunging is equal to an hour of riding.

3 Likes

What’s wrong with 20 minutes of work on the bit?

Maybe I’m too soft on my horses but that’s too long of a period straight to ask them to step under and lift. Not even a grandprix test asks for engagement that long without a break.

4 Likes

I have to say I stopped following the LK threads ages ago. I never saw the original discussion regarding this piece of equipment and would never have known it was LK using it.

16 Likes

Agree!

2 Likes

Same. I followed the original thread right after the incident took place, but I eventually gave up on all the LK-related threads since I really don’t have time to keep up with the nonstop on and on and on and on…

I had no idea discussion about this equipment ever happened, as it seems to be buried deep in one of those threads.

11 Likes

I read the discussion, but forgot all about it until someone named names. I’m sure there are a lot of people who either didn’t read it or forgot about it that could possibly have seen it somewhere and might have an idea if it has a name or not. :confused:

6 Likes