Unlimited access >

Can we talk about Friday's "Dressage Showcase?"

[QUOTE=oldbutnotdead;8120068]
Please tell us more about the VIP tent![/QUOTE]Free parking in the VIP section, free program and order of go, you had access to the VIP tent from 10 - 4 each day for dressage and 5 - 10-10:30 for jumping (we had both, and of course Sunday was jumping only). Taylor Harris Insurance sponsored it. Live music and great food. The partner hotels had their restaurants featured, with a different one each session, plus a nice buffet. They had a wine pairing with each.

Fun to meet new people in there and hang with old friends too. Really interesting to see the huge contrast between the jumping and dressage crowds.

The VIP tent sounds like it was great! And tasty too!

[QUOTE=Coreene;8124009]
Really interesting to see the huge contrast between the jumping and dressage crowds.[/QUOTE]

I heard this from the vendor perspective - they said the dressage crowd showed up to spend and the jumper crowd showed up to window shop. I’m curious the contrast from your perspective, though! Did the jumper crowd have as much more raucous fun as I am guessing? (I do think time of day would affect that, too!)

Did you all get an email from the Las Vegas Events (World Cup Club marketing) asking how for feedback? There were some really good suggestions on how they could do better on the dressage showcase. Tim Keener said they are going to try to get the world cup back to Vegas in 2019.

I love the idea of a dressage masters class.

Did you all get an email from the Las Vegas Events (World Cup Club marketing) asking for feedback? There were some really good suggestions on this thread on how they could do better on the dressage showcase. Tim Keener said they are going to try to get the world cup back to Vegas in 2019 (this was not in the email but in another media).

I love the idea of a dressage masters class.

No, and I was on the presale list.

[QUOTE=Joanne;8131842]
Did you all get an email from the Las Vegas Events (World Cup Club marketing) asking for feedback? There were some really good suggestions on this thread on how they could do better on the dressage showcase. Tim Keener said they are going to try to get the world cup back to Vegas in 2019 (this was not in the email but in another media).

I love the idea of a dressage masters class.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I responded and gave suggestions that I felt would be a better value for the money. I did enjoy the Dressage Showcase, but it still felt like it was kind of thrown together to fill space. When I ask myself if I would spent $90 to see it as a stand alone performance, the answer is always no.

The entire group I was with thought the Friday dressage entertainment was NOT worth it. It was fluffy entertainment we can see anywhere on our local and regional level. If that’s what they do at Omaha, I don’t think we’ll be attending. All that money spent to get there for only TWO days of top dressage competition??? However, the jumping tickets were well worth it! Their Saturday “separate” show was great. Why can’t dressage do that? Have a separate show with prize money? That way we can see more top-notch, international horses and riders competing. If they want to do entertainment, do it like the jumpers did with their “competition” on Saturday night in-between the actual jumping competition segments; at that “competition,” the jumper riders and the cowboys switched disciplines so the jumpers actually had to cut cows and the cowboys had to jump. That was fun. Two days of dressage competition is not worth attending for, considering flights, hotels, etc.

Las Vegas was such an awesome venue. Besides the jumping and dressage events (which featured fun entertainment – from really good Lady Gaga and Elvis impersonators to acrobatics), we went to a Cirque show, ate at fabulous restaurants, shopped, people watched, hiked in the mountains. We’ve gone to the three other World Cups at Vegas and had to go again, no doubt! Not sure how Omaha can top Vegas!