Unlimited access >

Caring for Mom and kittens.. give me the rundown!

I was going to say I bet you’re keeping the ginger!

They all have very beautiful and unique markings.

2 Likes

They’re all SO CUTE! I’d want to keep them all! :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

They’re all precious :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

The last one tickled me… looks like “hear me roar!!”

Or he’s stuck and can’t turn over. :joy:

1 Like

They’re beautiful and mom is too. I have a fluffy orange and white. He’s a mess! He’s unruly and he likes to bother my other cats but he’s very friendly and funny. If the orange kitten is like him, look out! :smirk_cat: :laughing:

1 Like

Fluffy orange and white are the best….mine was my first foster fail, because I believe in keeping pairs, I kept his brother too. Our only cat at the time was 17, with kidney failure. Wasn’t gonna torture her with a kitten. She did tolerate them pretty well

13 Likes

He is SO round that he does get stuck on his back (they are all boys in my mind right now haha!). But he also is up for a belly rub whenever I am around, just like his momma!

3 Likes

Eeek! Love those orange and white fluffs!! Luckily we have an almost 2 year old cat that is a pure hellion (in all the best ways). He is a wild little adult and needs a playmate!

2 Likes

Awww, how sweet…

1 Like

I had a food/ water dish right before the litter box so maybe that saved them?? They filled up then investigated …

2 Likes

We are a little over 5 weeks now! And of course they are cuter and wilder by the day!

I have tried introducing gruel since a little before 4 weeks with kitten canned food and formula mixed - they lapped it some, but not really. I also tried water mixed in - same result.

They all seem to only like the kitten kibble! I keep trying to give them canned food and or gruel at various temps and they just try and cover it like it’s a stinky mess…

So at this point is kitten kibble okay? They all drink a lot of water from the bowl and I have only caught them nursing at most maybe twice a day…

14 Likes

Adorable little boogers!!! Their tastes may change week by week as they are discovering everything in the world. As long as they are gaining weight, all is good. Some are more kibble krunchers than others.

I had 2 that would not eat wet food / gruel while mama was still around. Once fully weaned they are the gruel just fine.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh!!! The cuteness!! :two_hearts:
I don’t think they will be contained much longer.

I would keep offering the gruel, they will decide it’s delicious one day. Til then hopefully mama eats it.

1 Like

Mom is LOVING the gruel and kitten canned food, so I keep offering! I kind of figured when mom is no longer around, that canned food will suddenly seem more appealing.

One learned to escape today, but we have our guest room ready for phase two of kitten containment haha!

And we’re going off of the 8 week recommendation… is that still right? The dark little girl will be going to her new home at 7 weeks 5 days, because they are out of state and passing through. They are prepared to do gruel and everything needed for her… I am assuming that will be fine. It is a really good home, but I just want what’s best for them!

6 Likes

So cute! You’ve done a wonderful job with them.

3 Likes

They recommend 10-12 weeks before rehoming kittens now. The kittens are still learning important behaviors from mom at that point, even though they aren’t nursing. I would try to wait longer than 8 weeks if at all possible!

2 Likes