Unlimited access >

Cellulitis in Prospective Buy

Hattie had no weeping wounds as some have described with cellulitis. While her swelling was caused by the snake bite, and by, we guessed, bacteria entering into her hell from that wound, she had no weeping, even at the site of the snake bite. When her cast came off in 3 weeks, the cast was clean and had no smell. And her swelling went down quickly in her chest and stomach, but took about a week to clear up totally on her right fore leg.

So are there different causes and types of cellulitis? If I were the OP, I’d be getting permission to look at the vet records for the horse and permission to talk to the vet(s) who have treated the horse for anything, including cellulitis. There is always something with horses, like colic or laminitis. And they are always injuring themselves. Vet bills are to be expected. So unless cellulitis is something that is a reoccurring problem without injuries, I’d consider the horse, OP, after talking to the vet and to your own vet. My vet was unconcerned when I was freaking out over Hattie’s cellulitis from her snake bite.