Unlimited access >

Chromium level in Remission *update* in case anyone is curious

Hi all! Note that I have read EVERY thread on Remission haha but I have a separate question.

I currently feed my overweight mare 5mg Chromium Yeast per day and I have found it to help her fat pads. However, from a study done in 2020 they showed that Chromium Propionate specifically has shown to increase insulin sensitivity in horses at a dose of 2-4mg. (link to a boiled down version)

Remission has 14mg of chromium propionate! Even at a half dose … 7mg … seems like a lot? Would this be a concern? My alternative is Quiessence at 1.25mg … which then seems low. I suppose I could double dose. Remission would cost me about $75 CAD to get the 4 pound tub to Canada.

Any help or thoughts on this or either supplement is appreciated! She does currently get magnesium oxide with the chromium yeast, just looking to consolidate/try the chromium propionate instead.

1 Like

As per an email from Animed, they actually use chromium yeast, even though I did see on a few websites it was listed as “chromium propionate”. Problem solved :slight_smile:

3 Likes