Circle Y Julie Goodnight saddle?

I have sat in all of the JG saddles and loved them all, I never did ride in any of them though. I had some reservations about the issues other members have already mentioned with the thinner leather and the flex trees.

Flash44, I have a flexII sheridan on order, so I was glad to read your post. I have a Tucker Gen II eq endurance but I think it is safe to say its medium tree is not suitable for a fjord! Anyway, that flex tree has not bothered me at all.

And if it does somehow work out that it gets a bit “lumpy” under the seat jockey I think within the tolerances of a person who grew up riding close contact/french leather. But I can see if I had stayed riding in a western saddle like my old Billy Cook (circa '76-82) instead of moving straight to a prix des nations and onward that might be a disconcerting feeling.

Grumble grumble, now if it would just get here. And my old saddle would sell, all would be good in my world…

My English saddles all had that little lump where the stirrup bar is and it bothered me at times. I don’t feel a thing in that spot in my Circle Y. Totally comfy from day 1, fits great looks great and is really holding up well. I couldn’t be happier with it.

1 Like