Clinic on a borrowed horse?

Update: para contact info!

I asked Mod 1 to move this thread to our forum because it has so much useful info.

Hope Hand wants to put on clinics for us all over the country. We need to find horses and locations. Please make suggestions!

I have a horse available to borrow in California. Yes he is my FEI level driving horse, but he has also extensivly been ridden dressage, I have a rider rideing him right now. The benefits of a driving horse is you can get him to do everything without useing your legs:-) He also takes leg and seat cues. He is a 15.2 hd Welsh Cob. 13 years old been there done that flashy as anything. The gal riding him recently lost her 18 hd horse and her comment about my guy is that his gaits are huge. And he really climbs up hill into his canter, but then he is used to pulling a carriage:-)

As for borrowing horses, I competed at 2 world championships with borrowed horses becasue I couldn’t afford to ship my horse to Europe. Shipping a custom carriage was expensive enough. Many US drivers borrow horses, the best way to prepare for borrowing a horse is to ride as many horses as possible. It is very beneficial to take a clinic with a borrowed horse, if you want to compete across country the cheapest way is to borrow a horse if you can. Makes you a better rider and driver.

reported