Unlimited access >

Compact tractors - what's the latest?

We just bought a Mahindra and dang are we happy with it thus far. First, it was the most affordable which meant we were able to afford new implements to go along with it (doesn’t sound like a problem for you :slight_smile: )

We got more lift capacity in a smaller tractor due to their style of hydraulics when all other specs were identical to Case, Kubota, New Holland, and John Deere. I’d only had experience with Kubota and JD and am pleased as punch with ours. We’re on about 10 acres and $17k bought us a 22hp tractor with HST transmission with FEL, 4’ bush hog and a box blade with beet juice filled rear tires.

I agree with the above that having a good dealer/service location nearby is key - ours is literally 10 min away and they were super helpful, while the Case dealership was 45 min away and treated me like there was no way a ‘little lady’ was coming in here and dropping that kind of money on a tractor without her husband :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I run up against that attitude all the time. I guess they don’t need our money.

Could you explain about how the Mahindra hydraulics are different? I’ll be in the market for that type of set up very soon. I’ve seen some of the working livestock farms in the area moving the Mahindra.

I haven’t disappeared! I love all the feedback and yes, now I’m really interested in the Mahindra hydraulics

I ran into that male superiority when I was buying my first car. I did NOT buy a Honda after the rep who was helping me said “Ok, let me know what you decide after you go home and talked to your dad about this”. What.