Unlimited access >

Connemara breeders recommendation

I had a friend looking for a smaller, been there/ done that horse. About the same time I had a group feed show up on Facebook - Connemara’s for sale. They were really beautiful and I was drooling over them but unfortunately they were almost all in the UK. The ones in this country are lovely too but very expensive compared to the UK. I wondered why people were breeding warmbloods when sale prices on Connemara’s were so much higher. Some really lovely TB crosses too.

1 Like

Maybe this will turn into a Connemara appreciation thread.

If any Connemara owners wish to chime in with their experiences, please do!

1 Like

I can get behind that! :smiley: Here is my halfbred TB/connie - a wonderful, wonderful little horse. Only 14.3 hh, could jump the moon, was a spectacular mover, and just the kindest little horse you could possibly ask for. I miss him tremendously.

4 Likes

Wow, he was an absolute doll! You looked very well mounted on him, too. I hope you have another Connemara lurking in your future!

1 Like

He’s adorable! I always hear about the nice temperment of the connies too.

1 Like

Years ago, a lady on St. Simons bred Connemaras. A large family and they all rode Connemaras. Junior H/J A Circuit, polo, lessons, trails. There wasn’t anything those ponies could not do. At the time I remember a Connemara holding a jumping record, 7’+. Count me in as a fan of the breed.

2 Likes

Look up Justine Dutton, she’s in FL and regularly has Connemara’s that she’s imported. She’s on Instagram, and they’re lovely.

Many thanks. I’ll look just for fun. I’m not looking to import back to Ireland, so I’ll just look for pretty pony pictures!

1 Like

08-12 August 2022 Clifden Show. 100% all Irish Connies and with the craic too. Hmm, might be fun, next year.