Cortisone Injections?

I rest the day of the injections and then slowly resume normal activities. If you’ve been in a lot of pain before the injections, it may take a second set of injections to really stop the pain.

I’m back to full work (farm work, hunting, etc. ) and am in little to no pain. I hope you have similar results.

worsening pain 24 hours out?

I’m just past 24 hours out. Took it easy yesterday, felt good this morning, in the last hour started getting really really sore…aching and the burning/on fire feeling. Normal? Consult a DR? Ice and advil? Thoughts?

That didn’t happen to me and I have had several facet blocks. I would call, there should be a special number to call on your discharge papers. I get my hip done on Thursday. Not sure why that one is scaring me but it is.

Could just be the irritation from the medication if it is just increased pain of the type and at the location where you usually have it. That should go away in a week or so. If it is a new type or location of pain, call them.

When I started this round of injections my nerves were so inflamed that the medication made it significantly worse for about 10 days and the injections were not very effective. It got better each time as the nerve settled down, and the injection that I had last week barely irritated the nerves and it was very effective in a couple of days.

It does get better! Hang in there.

[QUOTE=Eclectic Horseman;6872944]
Could just be the irritation from the medication if it is just increased pain of the type and at the location where you usually have it. That should go away in a week or so. If it is a new type or location of pain, call them.

When I started this round of injections my nerves were so inflamed that the medication made it significantly worse for about 10 days and the injections were not very effective. It got better each time as the nerve settled down, and the injection that I had last week barely irritated the nerves and it was very effective in a couple of days.

It does get better! Hang in there.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like this - localized to that area and similar pain plus just feels like a lot of pressure and swelling. Ugh.

Thanks! It’s been almost 3 years… I’m ready for getting better to happen!

Sometimes the stoicism of us horsepeople ends up biting us in the butt! :sadsmile:

Off to get my hip injected. You know you are a mess when you injure one body part doing PT on another body part!