Court date for Michael Barisone?

To those that know how to get to the live online trial, can you send a link and a reminder ahead of time?

2 Likes

The actual trial might not be online, but if it is I will post a link.

13 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

One of the things that stood out to me in the hearing was when MB awoke from the fentanyl ketamine he had been given 6 hours earlier, his first words weren’t, “where am I” but, “Is my family safe? Are they okay?”. Obviously he continued to have great fear and panic for their welfare.

How strange one of the cops said MB called for a nurse and a priest while in the trauma center
he isn’t Catholic.

I’m shocked that after MB was subdued and positioned kneeling on the ground with very obvious injuries, the cop didn’t begin any care. That is generally one of the first standards taught to perform injury evaluations and render first aid after subduing. Instead he did nothing. At this point he, and the other cops on the scene, had no idea what had transpired other than the words of an uninjured RG. I believe the bias of this PD will become more evident and important in the trial.

21 Likes

100% accurate.

Generally those who can’t afford a good attorney get convicted. (The local public defenders typically have multiple cases and little prep time before first hearings
 the prosecutor’s office may only have one case for major cases. Plus prosecutor’s have the investigative force of law enforcement behind them, where defense has one investigator for a large number of attorneys.) Those who can afford a private attorney are much more frequently acquitted even if that attorney is no more skilled, merely due to ability to pay for more investigative and coordinating resources. When I worked for a defense attorney and we had a murder case, I was able to spend hundreds of hours cataloging interviews and filings to coordinate for trial. Justice does not have the same meaning for the rich and the poor.

14 Likes

True story. My uncle was a public defender in Detroit for many years. He outlasted many, many other lawyers in the office, and when he’d finally had enough, he left to become a missionary in Bolivia. It’s a sad commentary that being a missionary in a economically and socially depressed nation is preferable to practicing law in the public defender’s office in the US.

13 Likes

That is really wierd. As a protestant, It wouldn’t even occur to me to “call for a priest”. Also, the hospital record will have it in his record if he asked for spiritual support. The hospital chaplain is required to respond if someone asks, and reqired to document in their record if they do, or if the chaplain comes by and asks, they don’t want any. Easily verified.

9 Likes

I was put under with ketamine when I had a broken arm set. More recently I went under geberal anesthetic for an operation. The time lapse thing is wierd. You just miss a chunk of time, no idea how long you were out for. Ketamine adds the extra thing of talking nonsense while you are out and coming back up. Apparently you scream in pain but don’t remember it.

Nothing you say knocked out on ketamine should be taken as evidence of anything, because it’s just your subconscious bubbling over like in a bad dream. Same I would think for fentanyl which is the current opiate of choice for our local drug addicts. Dreams and subconscious work in wierd ways by mixing up memories and imagination and can mix up things you’ve read or seen on TV or just imagined. Over the past year I have started to dream in social media formats.

If MB was knocked out on fentanyl and ketamine for 6 hours then he must have been quite seriously hurt in the incident.

19 Likes

He was.

5 Likes

Every time new evidence surfaces it points to the LK narrative being nothing more than a farce. When and if we eventually get the truth it will surely be a lesson in criminal law.

I was under the impression that the MB statement “I had a good life” was being used by the prosecution as evidence of guilt. It never struck me as evidence of guilt. But I imagine the defense is seeking to block that statement as people seem to be interpreting it as guilt thought I don’t see it as such.

My imagined narrative of the gun going off in a scuffle seems ever more likely as facts come out.

19 Likes

The real question, just how different is her narrative from the evidence, and will/can those differences undermine court testimony enough for reasonable doubt?

10 Likes

I agree with you that “I had a good life” does not sound to me like an admission of guilt. But why do you say you think the prosecution was going to use it as such? Has the prosecution tipped their hand in any way?

2 Likes

Agreed. She’s done herself and the prosecution no favors with all her public posts (whether under an alter or not) and her more recent shenanigans toward users of the forum show her propensity to threats and harassment.

8 Likes

I don’t know if a propensity for threats and harassment would really make any difference, since that is still not a justification for shooting someone.

I think the more relevant part is a propensity for making statements that are factually inaccurate, which could cast reasonable doubt on one person’s version of events.

9 Likes

Hopefully the presence of a news show in the courtroom wouldn’t detract from the trial itself. You wouldn’t want anyone showing off for the cameras if the show was allowed to record there. I thought the OJ trial (I realize this is not the same level as that case) was a media circus. I don’t think I would want to be a juror in a trial with a media presence. Too distracting.

Agreed, but it does show her practiced behavior of harassing (some would say terrorizing) her targets, which in this case caused a probable mental breakdown of her victim.

15 Likes

I know Michael Barisone. He had many favorite “sayings.” One of his favorites, which he repeated frequently was, “North Carolina is where Dressage dreams go to die.” He literally meant you–EGGBUTT. His girlfriend, MHG, felt the same way.
How ironic that you have become the president of the Cold Blooded Murderers fan club. It’s bad enough that every comment you make is incredibly nonsensical but I’m certain the editor and owner of this magazine are embarrassed by you
or at least they should be.
You have no idea of the facts and less about the law. If you insist upon being the prime advocate for a would be double murderer you’d be wise to choose someone who cares more about you than MB. Or maybe you think you’re buddies with his girlfriend, MHG, who dumped him 5 minutes after he was arrested since he was now useless for her “Olympic dreams.” Nice group of friends you keep. Enjoy being their pawn!
Inigo out!

5 Likes

@Inigo-montoya aren’t you just a ray of sunshine. Go back under the rock you crawled out from under.

30 Likes

QFP

(Because it’s priceless)

24 Likes

Hmm
.hearing last week, nastygram this week
.coincidence?

24 Likes