Unlimited access >

Post withdrawn

Post withdrawn

Maybe to discourage a loose horse from entering should there be one? Or, maybe if they are wet so they dry?

I really can’t think of any other reason…?

I always thought it was kind of to indicate, this cross tie is clean, if you use it, clean it up! I’m not sure if there is another reason.

1 Like

In my barn the ties are 16 feet apart so sometimes I do this so I can clip the horse in with out having to go retrieve the ties from across the aisle.

1 Like

Where I used to board they always attached the grooming stall ties together. It was to indicate that they were open for use and cleaned up. The barn owners thought it was also tidier looking so asked their borders to attach them together once we were done with them (we didn’t have to tie them together if we were out riding, just once we were done and cleaned up).

1 Like

Where I used to board it was to mark those particular places in the big barn as reserved for the people who hauled in for lessons with the head instructor. When she was away the boarders could use them and no one else did the cross tie thing other than her.

Always thought safer than the loop they would make clipped to the wall.

1 Like

I have been known to do that when I dont have a halter to keep my guy in the wash rack lol

1 Like