Unlimited access >

Custom boots recommendations

Just got deniros S3312 in XW calf. They are beautiful! 8 hours of the bathtub method and they fit like custom made

1 Like

So I got the Atena long boots, in a 38 +4 calf, B height. It was this model: https://equizoneonline.com/products/long-boots-atena?variant=8227884728418

and then I sent Equizone a FB message asking if I could change out the top for the black floral lace detailing. I know exactly what you mean about calves being wide but not knees - I find these fit my knees pretty well, there might be a tiny bit of extra just below the knees, but the rest of the boot fits so well, it doesn’t bother me. Especially with the stretch leather panel on the outside, they have been super comfortable!

I went to RIDE Bedford and tried the XW, but my arch and ankles were the main problem. I had to go with customs. I can’t remember the name of the model, but the fitter said that I had difficult, but not impossible legs.

I can’t wait to get them. I pray they fit first time around.

Update, got my semicustom DeNiros and sweet baby jesus… Fedex arrived between rides so I put them on for my last ride on my pony straight out of the box, no bathtub, no stretching, nada, and they were AMAZING. Rode them in my hour plus lesson again yesterday on my big guy who was somewhat naughty at times, fit great and no slipping. Other than needing to drop a titch, they feel great. I’m very pleased.

2 Likes

Congrats ! They look lovely. As an aside to posters who bought Ariats and they only lasted a couple of years. I am short. 5’ tall and the ONLY off the rack boot I could find in the past 12 years that fits was Ariat. I ride 5-6 days a week, in my tall boots. First pair lasted almost 8 years. Zippers we’re still good but the leather was worn. On my second pair now and also stole my daughters pair when she lost interest in riding. I take my boots home after each ride. The heat and humidity is really tough on the snaps and zippers. I also carefully clean them after each ride. One day would love to go semi/custom. Enjoy your new boots!!!

1 Like

I finally got custom DeNiros. They are beautiful. I got punched toe caps, and they’re so pretty. I’ve worn them about six times, and they are already broken in. The first couple of times my right foot fell asleep, but now that the ankles are broken in, we’re all good.

1 Like