Unlimited access >

Dear FedEx. I hate you. Legal options?

Right? I’m wondering if we really need these huge containers with current “insulation technology”. How sure are we that a Yeti thermos carry on won’t do the job?

Can you believe it happened again???

Shipment out of OK made it to TN just fine. Then didn’t leave TN. In fact, when I looked at tracking info at 0630 the morning it was supposed to be delivered, the website flat out said it wouldn’t be delivered until following day. I spent hours trying to get the package worked loose. The SO (who’s great to work with and feels terrible and equally livid) also engaged w/ FedEx. FedEx said the package would be delivered late that day. Nope, still in TN that afternoon.

I called multiple times and spent hours on the phone, trying to get elevated to someone who could do something or even seemed to care. No Joy. I left nasty PMs on all the FedEx FB pages. I got “I’ll look into it” responses but no actual action. Shipment finally showed up about 11:30am the day after we needed it. Mare had already ovulated.

FedEx had the nerve to deny the SO’s claim for shipping reimbursement, but DH and I contacted them and think we got that corrected. But, BL is I’m out several thousands of dollars (and this mare was tough to get ‘ready’ and needed a lot of prep work). So I can’t even afford to try again :frowning:

For the 2 mares, I planned on breeding maybe 3x times. Yesterday was #5, and 3x of the “failures” were directly 100% due to FedEx’s monumental incompetency. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something. I don’t think I can do this again… I could have bought a very nice WB foal for what I’ve spent this spring, and not a single black dot to show for it yet.

Wow @ElementFarm, that is horrible! And FedEx had the nerve to not want to reimburse the stallion owner for the shipping. Geez.

I thought of this thread this week, actually. Clearly not nearly as much of an issue as your problem but FedEx is who delivers Blue Apron when I get it. My delivery day is Saturday (morning). My box finally arrived on Wednesday. All the ice packs were melted and warm so in the garbage all the perishables went. (Blue Apron had credited me on Monday when they knew the box would not be delivered by Sunday.) I just don’t get how they can promise delivery in a timely manner and then not deliver. Sure, if you can’t deliver on schedule then say so up front, don’t take the package and do nothing with it.

I’m sorry, that’s terrible. :astonished: I can see why you are livid.
Do they really understand what their lousy service has done?

Dear lord, what a nightmare. Absolutely infuriating when package delivery services don’t take responsibility for their failures. Not nearly as important as semen but, when I first moved to Florida my boss “overnighted” a package to me for work. It took the post office days to get it to me. Eight days, for a package that was paid for overnight delivery. And they absolutely refused to give my boss any kind of refund. Absolutely ridiculous.

I guess when I breed my mare next year, I’ll try to find a stallion within driving distance. Jeeze.

Three failures like this all from one company (FedEx) would certainly have my at least consulting a lawyer to see what options I might have.

This, so much. It makes me see red, I just don’t understand.

My husband and I refer to FedEx as FedEventually. Sorry you’re going through this. Absolutely sucks.

3 Likes

I HATE FedEx ! Now even more because of their incompetency with your precious cargo !

I’m so sorry for this devastating fiasco •

I just posted about this

FedEx has been a nightmare this breeding season. I won’t go into all the stories but I want to let anyone else out there that has been caught up in the “too bad it’s Covid” “we didn’t get your shipment to you on time, we don’t know when it’s going to arrive and btw we just cost you thousands of dollars but we’re not going to refund any of your money that you paid for first overnight to have it their before 10am. Well I filed a complaint with my States Attorney General’s office. Guess who is getting there expensive shipping fees refunded? Mmmeeeeeeee!! I encourage anyone that has had any kind of issue with fedex to do the same. The online form is quick and easy and make sure you put the dispute under COVID profiteering like I did!

10 Likes

Don’t know how much they charge, but;

2 Likes

Well, you can add me to the growing number of Fedex victims. :frowning: Shipped yesterday from Alberta, Canada to Colorado. Everything went smooth once it got to Memphis. It cleared customs quickly. The Equitainer was supposed to be delivered by 8 am this morning - shipped International Priority First. Unfortunately, in Memphis it has sat since 11 pm last night. Because it missed the plane to Colorado last night, there is no way to get it delivered today despite many, many calls to Fedex today. I was finally able to speak with a supervisor who is going to try and get it on a plane tonight. Fingers crossed the mare does not ovulate in the meantime.

I don’t get it. Why take my money for a Priority First delivery if you know you cannot fulfill the obligations of the service? Fedex blows goats!

Edited to add that we shipped on Thursday for a first priority Friday morning delivery and are now being told “maybe Monday.”

3 Likes

Ugh. So sorry, @Daventry. I thought I was in the clear when my shipment made it through Memphis with no problems. It was at the local (as in, ~10 miles from the vet clinic) sorting facility by 9 am the day after it was shipped…and finally showed up at the clinic at almost 5 pm. My mare ovulated sometime between those two times. Sigh. Her 18-day check is Monday; I’m cautiously optimistic but not holding my breath.

1 Like

FedEx is the worst shipper! My packages always come damaged. The delivery guy throws them at my door. No to mention they seem to have days where the tracking never updates because they sit somewhere. It has been like this prior to COVID too.