Unlimited access >

Delete [account]

You’re right. I should have said “addressed to a limited selection of users, rather than publicly.”

For those who are curious, in my “message” to KM, I pointed out that if one reads the private message from LK to KM strictly literally, LK does not actually say that COTH has been subpoenaed, or that COTH turned over names.

YD, I think if you want to go back to debating that topic it is best to start a thread about that topic. This thread is about you wanting to delete your account and it appears spit on the moderation staff.

9 Likes

I have asked the moderation staff to explain their decision to 1) ban me from CE for looking at the public LinkedIn profile of a poster who made her own professional credentials a public issue in various threads, and 2) announce publicly on the thread that I have been permanently banned from CE, while telling me directly that I was given “Time out”. My questions were entirely genuine, despite the implicit criticism of the moderation.

They have chosen not to respond, which speaks volumes. They want me gone and I am happy to oblige.

I am confident that with me gone, all forums will settle down to civil and harmonious discussions.

Or, maybe they are just busy. If you look thru the posting history of Mod 1, you will see that it is not unusual for them to not post immediately. I am guessing that moderating us is not their full time job and they have other things they do in their role at COTH.

I will also add, that with your history of twisting just about anything and everything posted and proclaiming it as fact, responding to your comments is a lose/lose situation for them.

23 Likes

IMHO, I’m not the one who indulges in the COTH tradition of “twisting just about anything and everything posted and proclaiming it as fact.” There are abundant examples of the technique on the recent fat shaming thread, and they’re not in my posts. The incessant “paraphrasing” and straw man manufacturing is actually my primary reason for leaving the forum.

I think that if the mods intended to respond to my questions, they would have done so by now.

I haven’t posted in 3 days. Bumping the thread and quoting me almost makes it look like you want to keep me engaged.

Hu? This is a good example of you twisting things.

I quoted something you posted three hours ago.
And no one quoted anything you posted days ago to bump the thread. Good try though.

I have nothing to do with the thread being bumped or you posting in it.

17 Likes

I was saying that the mods have chosen not respond to my questions on the moderation.

I had not posted anything on the forum for three days until @Ambitious_Kate bumped this thread a few hours ago. So by “you” bumping the thread, it was a you (g).

I really, really, really want to let my account go inactive, as I do not wish to participate.

Then log out, delete the bookmark and don’t come back. It’s just not that hard.

@Moderator_1 can remove your login ability, if that’ll make it easier for you. No one is holding you here against your will…

32 Likes

I wish to retain my login ability, and merely let the account go inactive.

Then log out, delete the bookmark and don’t come back. It’s just not that hard.

24 Likes

And yet it continues to elude you.

28 Likes

Why on earth are you dragging me into this? YOU PM ME! STOP IT!

13 Likes

If you’re getting unsolicited, harassing PMs, definitely get in touch with @Moderator_1. You can flag a PM just like a post on the board, by clicking on the little flag at the bottom of the message and selecting one of the “notify staff privately” options.

10 Likes

Then why are you posting? (Sincere question, since clearly there has to be some reason why you are not doing what you want to do.)

If you going inactive depends on the whole forum not posting on anything that you are part of, you are likely to not get your wish.

11 Likes

Thanks for this tip, I didn’t know!

As for the rest of the conversation here: Once I was very involved in an online community. I had met and still have IRL friends from that community. I checked the forums daily. Something happened on there which caused me to believe I could no longer be a part of that community or associated with it because I deeply disagreed with what happened.

I logged out and never returned. Not once. Not to see if anyone responded to anything I wrote; not to let everyone know I was leaving; not to keep my log in info for whatever future use. I have long forgotten my log in credentials. I kept the IRL friends. Anyone who wondered where I was was able to contact me through those users who were close to me.

No announcement, no demands of the mods, no parting PMs, no carry on of any type at all.

It is the easiest thing in the world to leave an online platform if you genuinely want to. In fact, it takes no effort at all. It only takes a complete lack of effort.

35 Likes

It was in February and the PM’s were reported at the time. Her mention of them here on this thread is her way of making it appear I was the instigator of the messages and the content. She mentions three other users and then proceeds the tired “I know who you are” speil.

10 Likes

Geez. I’m really sorry it’s continuing to be such a problem :frowning:

6 Likes

I did not say you were the “instigator”. I initiated the exchange back on Feb 25. I think it would be a violation of privacy to post your replies, and have not done so.

As I said, I had not posted in three days, and only posted this morning in response to a post directed at me by @Ambitious_Kate when she bumped the thread. Likewise, your post here is a post directed specifically at me, not a general comment on “anything” that I “was a part of” on the entire forum.