Unlimited access >

Did I need a fourth cat? 7/28/23 Update: Kittens are grown up!

Hi all. I noticed in December a small kitty had been hanging around my house. I would see little paw prints in the snow overnight. My local ACO lent me a HAH and two months later we’ve trapped a small cat.

She was surely someone’s kitty at some point. We’ve posted a bulletin in several local groups but so far no matches. Appears to be female, is maybe 5lb, and very timid. No microchip. Soonest appointment for checkup I could get isn’t until March 23rd. My cats are very curious on why they’re suddenly locked out of the mud room!

30 Likes

:smirk:You come here & ask that question?
Of Course you need that cat.
The sooner she passes her PP(et)E, the sooner your cats can get back into the mudroom :sunglasses:

23 Likes

Yes, you needed her and she needed you ! Bless you for giving her a wonderful forever home !

• my cats thank you and I thank you !
15 Likes

Yes absolutely yes is the answer! Love the new kitty!

8 Likes

I will enable with a caution-can you afford a fourth cat? If the answer is yes, go for it!

4 Likes

Cats “happen”. It happens that a cat arrives at your house. The cat gets added to the cats you already have. You may not have known that you needed another cat, but, apparently you did. Because you have one now. Congratulations. What’s her name? (That’s the next step).

18 Likes

Yes! She looks very sweet! I’m glad you caught her

5 Likes

Of course! Congrats on your new kitty! She looks lovely :heart:

3 Likes

You may not have needed another cat but looks like she needed you!

10 Likes

It must be catching and going around. For months I’ve been feeding a juvenile raccoon on my back porch, but lately instead of the raccoon I’ve got a youngish black feral coming to eat.
Every single night, same time. Sometimes my dog chases it up a tree for a few hours.
My HAH trap is long gone, loaned out to someone. Guess I need to see if AC or a cat group has one to borrow.
OP hope things go well for your new kitty. What’s it’s name?

6 Likes

I remember one of my home aide clients back when I had that job commenting one morning, when I was bemoaning a new cat who had showed up and raised my population, “Oh, that’s nothing. Back when we ran a dairy, we had around 50.”

9 Likes

Is that how it works? I have three others that “just happened” also.

I’m lucky to be in a position where the affordability isn’t a factor. Just whether or not my StressyKitty will adjust.

I didn’t want to get attached but she gives you the saddest cat eyes ever. SO is already hooked so there’s really no hope for us. :wink:

No name yet, but I’ll take suggestions!

14 Likes

She needed you…thats all that matters. Everything else will just fall into place in time.

Serendipity might be a good name, you can figure out her nickname later.

5 Likes

What are your other kitties named?

This one looks like a Wilhelmina or Wendy to me, but kitty names def need to fit in with the others :grin:

She has such a sweet face :heart:

2 Likes

If she doesn’t fit in with your crew I’m an hour North of Boston and am actively looking for a new barn cat :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind heart and congrats on the new family member. We expect updates and LOTS of photos. :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

She’s so cute!! Congratulations on your 4th cat. :grin:

I hope she passes her ppe and it’s an easy introduction with your other cats.

4 Likes

Did I need a 7th cat? No, but she’s here anyway. :slight_smile:

She clearly needs you!

11 Likes

It’s been a theme my entire life to name my pets after characters of the books I’m currently reading when they stroll into my life – but I didn’t name any of my current crew. Happycat was originally named Adelaide, but my SO started calling her Happycat because she was so grumpy all the time… Franklin and Blossom were both cats I inherited, and I kept their names. Frankie was named after Franklin Roosevelt (and his siblings named after presidents), and Blossom was from a trio of feral TNR kittens named after the Powerpuff girls. :grin:

@Alex_and_Bodie_s_Mom SEVEN??? :open_mouth: Kudos to you!!

2 Likes

“Need”? Well, that’s a silly question. Of course! :grin::cat2:

4 Likes