Unlimited access >

Do the TB hunter classes fill outside of WEF?

It fills 8 out of 10 times in Zone 3. At some of the bigger shows in VA it always has 4-5. Some larger shows in MD it fills with the same. It’s never huge, but when it does fill it’s filled with some very quality animals, some that could go in the adults or the AOs and do well (and some do just that!)

2 Likes

Yes, the whole pre-green incentive program makes it more of an issue to preserve that green year until the horse is ready to be competitive, if there is any thought of taking a serious shot at it.

1 Like

I wonder if we could ask the Take 2 people to consider having 2’9 classes all year and 3 foot at the Finals to preserve those green status’ ?

1 Like

Definitely saw them fill most of the time in Zone 3. I’m new to Zone 4 but from what I’ve seen they regularly fill here too!

Zone 2. I really only show at unrated shows - we have some pretty nice options here - and quite often seems that the TB classes are some of the biggest of the day (which I guess makes sense at an unrated show that more people are riding TBs?)

Just curious - who is doing the riding in the TB divisions at AA shows? Pros or amateurs? I would be interested in going to rated shows if I didn’t have to ride against pros in the TB division - or against 6 fig WBs in the pre-adults :frowning: Occasionally there are pros riding in TB divisions locally as well so I usually just show in the adult hunters because I’d rather compete against other amateurs on any horse than pros on TBs :smiley: I would LOVE it if there were enough entries to split pros and amateurs in the TB classes. The last time I looked at results for Vermont Summer Festival (which I was considering) I recognized pro names and gave up on that idea pretty quickly.

I would just switch to jumpers if I didn’t go so slow :laughing:

1 Like

Zone 3 it’s mainly pros

Another admitted Fogey here :sunglasses:
For your viewing pleasure - my TB Hunter, 1st pic circa 1994ish, pic #2 same era, all dressed up to show:

5 Likes

I usually split the TAKE2 division with my trainer so she does the first couple of classes and I hack him and do the second day. It’s a good way for me to get him in the ring with her as well as myself. I then do him in the Adults myself.