Unlimited access >

Dressage Pad with Close Contact saddle on top?

My retired horse has extremely high withers and I used to used an 18 inch saddle. I frequently used a dressage pad for him. I find that most dressage pads have a better fit in the withers and stay tucked up in the gullet better.
Sorry no pictures as I sold the saddle since he is retired.
I did not have problems with the pad bunching under the girth or the saddle overhanging the front. But my flaps were not very forward

Lemieux jump pads have good high wither cuts too.

OP
You might want to post this thread in the Eventing forum.
Eventers are into matchy, matchy and so there will be posters who will know if there are pads out there to fit your saddle.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Laughed so hard.

OP, If you care about appearance then I do not think you will be satisfied with the appearance. An easy test would be to see if you can borrow a random dressage pad from someone local and get a sense of the look. I think the shortcomings of it being overly long and the knee roll protruding have been well addressed.

Alternatively, you could love the pads enough that you join the dark side and buy a dressage saddle to match. :wink:

As someone who also loves beautiful things, I’ll even share my favorite banana bread recipe (just add a oat and walnut strusel topping for a real 10/10 winner): https://lovingitvegan.com/vegan-banana-bread/

5 Likes