Unlimited access >

Dressage Saddles that have extra short panels and are wide through the gullet

Yeah, I always felt like I was fighting against the Passier saddles for my leg position. While my leg falls naturally in place in the BCS saddles.

You can minimize saddle trials if you get back tracings done to determine what tree type and size your horse needs. Then you can just try saddles that are likely a good fit. I’ve had good experiences dealing with both Hastilow and Pelham for used saddles.
I have an excellent local fitter to do tracings, but there are some who can help remotely. And it’s not difficult to do basic back tracing with a little guidance.

One of my clients has a Schleese infinity 2 that fits exactly like this. Generous channel for the spine , very short wheelbase, puts rider in a great position. It’s a 17 but rides like a 17.5. It’s an adaptree now set a medium. She is selling it so pm me if you could like more info.

Yeah, that’s true. I’ve done tracings a few times, so I’m familiar with that. Moot point for me right now because I found the saddle that I was after and worked with a fitter that I’m satisfied with. My horse is young though, so he will probably outgrow this saddle in 2 months :rofl: it can be adjusted, but not infinitely. He’s just starting under saddle.

2 Likes

Adding my vote for Bliss/Loxley. I had one made for my VERY wide Friesian cross with upswept panels and forward flaps for my long legs to have a smaller seat. They also added something to make it feel like a narrower twist - it’s much more comfortable than other hoop trees I tried. I’m very pleased with it.

I’m not sure if your are petite and small like me, but I found the Prestige Lucky to work on my extremely short and round Spanish horse. He has hardly any workable space for a saddle. It’s a youth’s saddle, so the seat fits more like a 16.5 and the flap is short, but the panels are short and upswept. I’ve even used it on Welsh ponies. But if you are leggy or need a roomy seat, it won’t work