Unlimited access >

Dutch harness horse drama. Update major mare/ foal neglect Nov 2023 post 1782 Update Kate Shearer responds post 1930 Nov 25/23

Unfortunately true. And also applies to the horse that is first ridden at 3, or 4, or 5.

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing - arabian or saddlebred.

1 Like

I used to think that but bought a 6 yo unstarted WB last year, and he’s been an absolute gem! I even let my trainer use him for little kids sometimes.

I don’t think sitting on a 2 yo a few times is the worst thing in the world, but I start mine at 3. I do think it’s helpful to do something with young horses…nothing worse than a 17h feral beast with no manners! My babies get handled/trimmed/trailer loaded, bathed, clipped etc. and preferably hauled to some shows. It really helps them be good citizens later in life.

8 Likes

I think one of the maybe 10 I’ve started late turned out to be a solid citizen. The rest were always untrustworthy with mediocre work ethics.

The 5 untouched 7-8 year old warmbloods that were run out of a field onto the trailer were the absolute worst. It sucked honestly, two of them were LOVELY movers but were likely never going to be on board mentally.

4 Likes

I don’t understand this recent phenomenon of sending copied of posts to lawyers, police, judges, etc. By recent I mean the past 3 - 4 years. Maybe I’ve forgotten but this level of intimidation and ignorance is beyond comprehension. What the heck will any outsider do with anonymous posts???

These narcissistic posters are in a league of their own!

19 Likes

@Scribbler
Is this the post you referenced in your OP?
KWPN-Harness Book Horses marketed to H/J - Hunter/Jumper - Chronicle Forums (chronofhorse.com)

The horse appears to be at a main ring Arabian barn. My GUESS is that it already lounges in long lines and a martingale for headset is standard fare. I am personally not a fan because it tends to make a horse that has a headset and makes teaching the contact desired for dressage difficult, but different training styles for different results. Regarding being started at 2, depends on what they mean by started.

4 Likes

Yes that’s it! Thank you for finding it.

I had a babysitter when I was about 9 or 10 who said she would call the police if we didn’t go to bed on time. I laughed in her face (she was probably about 15).

I doubt people are actually sending anything to police (no one would look at them) or lawyers (costs money). It’s just empty threats by people who don’t know much about law.

10 Likes

You just couldn’t let this go and move towards actual horse discussion. But yes the detective has all of this as well as my lawyer due to the social media harassment.

2 Likes

Thats just not how any of this works.

26 Likes

I guess for you. But most normal people yes lol

1 Like

Sincere question.

I feel like I know a reasonable amount of people (not lots or anything, just an average amount) and I do not know anyone who takes the time to contact the police and lawyers about posts on a horse forum.

Do you know other people who do this (other than Lauren Kanarek, because we all know she says she does this)?
I am just truly trying to figure out how you say it is a normal thing and I some how do not know anyone who has done it.

27 Likes

Not quite. Normal people do not do that. Plus any “investigation” would show you happily taking part in the discussion on this thread and apparently not feeling harassed or intimidated or bullied or whatever.

#shrug

I am waiting for the ominous warnings about a subpeona served to COTH that will expose all of our personal details…

Exactly right - there is introducing tack and maybe some light walk/trot lunging… and then there is running patterns with heavy riders on them…

16 Likes

A detective MAY have been given information about these posts by you, but I guarantee it promptly went into the circular file.

Unless there are threats against your life or physical safety (which there aren’t), there is no legitimate reason for law enforcement to follow up. And honestly, they have way more important things to focus on than someone’s hurt feelings.

Same with your lawyer. He’ll be happy to charge you to “monitor” this forum, but there hasn’t been a single actionable post.

I suggest you reacquaint yourself with free speech rights in the US.

32 Likes

If you read the forum scribbler pointed out my assault. So yes the continued harassment by her is a fallout from my assault, so yes it is included and documented. It’s not about just this forum.

https://horseshowdiva.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=126

Trashy forum that I do not participate in but occasionally check. Interesting description of the events though!

12 Likes

Okay, I’ll bite since I haven’t been posting regularly on this thread, only lurking. Exactly how are you, anonymous poster, being harassed by other anonymous posters? All you need to do is walk away rather than adding fuel to the fire. I guess any attention is better than no attention. I don’t know you from Adam’s mouse, but I’ve found you condescending, threatening and belligerent toward other posters on this thread, particularly the OP. Just walk away or put them on Ignore.

BTW, many of the posters here also have attorneys, perhaps not detectives because that is simply overboard blustering.

CoTH can tell you how subpoenas work for sure.

32 Likes

You posted about the assault on your then public FB page. You said you were jumped from behind by a group that went around Floyd’s harassing people. If you don’t want people discussing things then don’t post them to public FB pages.

Link to Horseshow Diva is interesting.

23 Likes

Sorry, still confused.

You are trying to say that Scribbler here as something to do with your assault charges?

Or just that since you have an assault charge against some other random person in the world that since the people on the forum not agreeing with is something your lawyer and the detectives will want?

25 Likes