Unlimited access >

Dutch harness horse drama. Update major mare/ foal neglect Nov 2023 post 1782 Update Kate Shearer responds post 1930 Nov 25/23

Do you understand the phrase f*** around and find out?

You don’t have history here and don’t know the lay of the land, but I promise you, when it comes to curioso Jorge’s knowledge and record in this regard, you are literally a living embodiment of that phrase. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

36 Likes

While it is exciting to have your foal do well at a keuring, it is a judgement of potential and registry standard only. The true success of any breeder’s program depends upon their animals performance under saddle and/or harness, and that is true for any breed or registry (except for some breed show competitions that are judged solely on the line, AQHA halter horses for example.)

I find it odd that anyone would have to explain this to someone who is breeding horses. You don’t seem very well versed in your chosen business.

28 Likes

So many threads about buying prospects stress that it’s a gamble buying a weanling or even a two year old if you are after high performance. I also notice that just about every foal on every video has a high floaty action because that’s how foals move, and you need to watch momma in the background to know how he will look as an adult.

I would assume that a foal getting rated is not going through a jump chute.

Obviously it’s good to be taking horses to evaluation and getting them registered. But it doesn’t tell us how the horse will perform as an adult.

15 Likes

This is the exchange between CuriosoJorge and Kasheare upthread, in it’s entirety, in case anyone missed it.

12 Likes

Well how am I supposed to know some anonymous posters record for goodness sakes. People should just use names and be done with this nonsense. Maybe people wouldn’t comment as boldly sometimes but heck….might be better for all involved

5 Likes

This reminds me of an old thread (Catherine Haddad's latest editorial) when the following exchange occurred (though at least back then, the poster was polite when asking the question);

"Honeylips, your post told us something about the lady, but can I ask what your credentials are, and if you know her? I for one have no personal knowledge of her, or even from the internet, until now.[/QUOTE]

Honeylips responded; “Credentials - USEF Silver Medalist. Active rider and competitor. Winner of USDF Horse of the Year with myself as rider. Sponsor and provider of horses for USEF High Performance Riders (I play in the same sandbox as CHS). The first American owner to ever win the Bundeschampionat. Winning owner of USEF FEI Young Horse Champion, owner of top 5 placed FEI Young Horse Champions. USEF Committee Member. Owner of horse nominated to represent the USA in the World Championships for Young Horses in Verden. Owner of several horses to win USDF Horse of the Year.”

20 Likes

Only better for those who assume that people here have no idea what they are talking about. However, most of us know better than to assume that.

22 Likes

Honestly, even a person with a limited equine IQ would have figured out this unknown entity had more than A Clue when they posted the response to your “have you taken a foal to a Keurig”… But you? You doubled down, hence the reference to FA&FO.

Honestly, I felt for you in the beginning, there’s a total mean girl vibe on the dressage forum and it’s not the best look on some people. But you know what’s ALSO not a good look? Grabbing that shovel and keep on digging no matter how idiotic. Whether you are right or wrong, the only thing you’ve done is given a lot of people who are just reading this forum a lot of good reasons to not do business with you. It’s like you are aiming a gun at the foot not on the shovel AND enjoying it. :woman_facepalming:

40 Likes

Thank goodness then the majority of my hard working clients don’t spend all day reading coth and responding

3 Likes

Yeah no.

I am the same here as I am Out There. Open and honest. I have used this screen name on multiple forums for many years. It is not my stripper name - just a shortened version of smooth fox terrier.

As related earlier in this thread, I once had a link to the farm I cherish and work at on the bottom of every post. I took great pride in sharing pictures of “my” horses doing well at Nationals or even just growing up in the field.

Then one poster here (since banned) who thought she knew more than anyone else and constantly berated others and insisted she was the best at whatever the topic was… actually contacted my BO to complain about me and suggest I should not have this job. Simply because she disagreed with me. The BO laughed and hung up on her.

No more links. No more pictures. Never EVER again.

So sorry - not "hiding " behind a screen name. Just no longer willing to have BSC know-it-alls like the aforementioned banned poster interfere with me in the job I love.

29 Likes

Well I’m not the banned poster and have only posted here because I was informed it was about me. Sorry that happened to you though.

3 Likes

Maybe not - but if how you act Out There is the same as you post here (as you insist) … well, it is not a good business model. And having worked in a variety of disciplines, breeds and barns for decades, the horse world is not all that big within any discipline…

Google is rarely your (g) friend.

Someone gave you advice about not posting on SM about a legal matter when you have a case going on - they were right. You are NOT helping yourself with many of your posts here.

24 Likes

But you have posted and posted and posted and insulted and sneered and told others how to post or not to post at all. And even when others have pointed that out to you and suggested that was inappropriate, you just carry on in the same way…

But you do you.

30 Likes

Oh, you would be surprised… Post? No, most likely not. Read? Uh huh. Hear about it from someone else? Oh hellz yes. More people than you would imagine, apparently. Honestly, have you not MET the internets? I mean half the damn world lost its mind over Andrew Tate’s pizza box, and the horse world has always been the tiniest place ever, so you do the math.

Yet you keep digging like there’s no downside, although I genuinely wonder what you think the upside is? Have you asked yourself how this will possibly improve your business? I don’t see an upside, but hey, maybe there’s some angle I’m not thinking of…

34 Likes

I can see why you are happy to believe that none of the people who buy your in utero foals come here.

You are not doing yourself any favors by the way you are presenting yourself and your lack of knowledge as a breeder.

25 Likes

Also, people/potential customers searching for your name on Google are almost certainly going to see this thread at the top of the results. Especially since you keep wanting us to use your real name by putting it in your posts.

Just ask the Maestro or the Krazy K Klan how that’s working for them. After all, the internet is forever.

34 Likes

Hardly anyone is on coth anymore. It’s become something of the past. But sure I’m ok with anyone that reads this.

6 Likes

That’s ok. I don’t know a single person in real life who has created a coth discussion post. Not a single person so maybe I’m just not in the right cicrcles as the coth forum subscribers are

2 Likes

That’s not what I meant. The Google search algorithm likes these threads for all the keywords so searches on words mentioned here tend to be part of links that end up at the top of the results list.

It doesn’t have anything to do with who starts threads. You can test this out with a simple Google search on your name right now.

My post was just a comment that anyone Googling your name is able to open the link to this thread and read it—no account needed.

23 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Now THAT is a naive post.

36 Likes